Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Water Ch. 87 - Shut Up And Kiss Me



When Beth finally made it home, she was so relieved.  She needed to call Jon and talk to him.  What a day she had had.  To think that someone in the position that Mr. Thompson was in would do something so stupid.  Take up her time and Tammy's time like that.  She was just pissed off, and she needed to talk to Jon.  She wanted to talk to Jon.

Kicking off her shoe and taking off her air cast, she limped into the kitchen and set her bags on the floor.  She dug her phone out of her purse and set that on the counter.  She needed a drink, she wanted a drink.  One glass of wine, she thought.  I would love just one glass of wine. 

Opening her refrigerator, she pulls out the bottle of orange juice and pours herself a glass.  Grabbing her glass and her phone, she walks down the hallway into her bedroom. 

Flipping the light on, she sees the picture of her and Brian on the dresser.  The dresser that they bought and refinished together.  Beth's bedroom suite was old Victorian and the bed was a canopy bed that they stripped all the finish off and just sealed the wood.  The natural wood look gave the bed a beauty that had been hidden for years under the paint.  Amanda had designed the canopy, merging a white lace with a turquoise lace and it was just beautiful.  It flowed over the canopy and down the posts and Beth really loved it when the wind would blow and it would flow in the wind.  She loved that suite and she'll never part with it. 

The weather was windy, so Beth opened her bedroom windows.  She loved the ocean air filling her house, specially at night.  She was so tired and so distracted, she didn't notice that the light was flashing on her answering machine.  She set her phone and juice down on her nightstand and went into the bathroom and washed the day off of her.  She's wondering why she's not heard from Jon.  She checked her cell phone, but forgot to check her answering machine.  But she didn't think Jon would call that number anyway, he knew she wasn't at home.  She needed to relax, she needed time to clear her head and make sense of the changes that are going to happen, within her life. 

She stripped from her Calvin Klein suit and into a pair of shorts and a Bon Jovi tshirt that some hot rock star gave her.  She was getting ready to climb into bed, and put a period on the day.  She washed her face and was getting ready to brush her teeth when she heard a bang out in what she thought was the kitchen.  She thought maybe her purse had fallen off the counter or her bag fell over on the floor.  Walking down the hallway, she seen Jon sitting in her formal living room, on the couch with his feet on her coffee table.  He scared her half to death.

"What the hell are you doing?  Trying to give me a heart attack?" She blurts at him.   Thrilled to see him.  How does he know just when and where to appear.  She loved him so much!

Looking up at her, he asks, "What are you going to do, kill me with your toothbrush?" He's laughing at her now.  He can see that her fear went quickly to anger and then to happiness.  Beth dropped her toothbrush on the floor and jumped on him.  She was so happy to see him.  She started kissing his face and telling him she was so happy to see him.  Kissing all over him, he pulls her back a little bit and says, "Hi.  How are you?" He puts his pen and paper down.

"Shut up and kiss me!" she grabs his face.  He's still laughing at her, he thinks this is so adorable.  He's never had anyone love him like she does.  She loves him with everything and he feels it.  "What are you doing here?  When did you get here?  Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"  She's still so shocked.

"Well, I woke up this morning with a hell of a headache, and I wondered what would make me feel better and I decided that you would." He's running a finger up one side of her face and down the other.  He is head over heals in love with this woman.  "Nice shirt."

She's beaming, ear to ear, "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

She throws her arms around his neck and says, "Thank you.  I have missed you so much.  What are you doing sitting in here in the dark?"

"It wasn't dark in here until just a few minutes ago.  I was writing a song.  How could you not see me when you walked by?  I was tapping my pen on my pad.  Didn't you notice the toilet seat was up?"   He can't help laugh at her.  "I love you."

"Jon, I have had the day from hell, you have no idea.  When I walked in the door, all I wanted was my bed." she tells him.

He grabs her hand, "Tell me about your day, what happened?"  He wanted to hear everything she was willing to tell him.  He loved to listen and watch her talk.  Beth told him about the bullshit trip and what that Mr. Thompson had done, and he looked pissed. He was pissed that she was called away for this guy to get a look at the women that stole Jon Bon Jovi from his wife and family.  "Babe, I'm sorry about that." 

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Well, I'm sorry that it happened.  Things like that happen."  he tells her, and it's the truth.  People will want to get to know her, because of who she's connected to.  "Do you want me to call Warren?" He grabs his cell phone and she grabs it from him.

"No, I don't want you calling him, Jon.  I'm a big girl.  I'll have a conversation with Mr. Buffett soon."  She sets his phone on the coffee table, takes his hand and says, "Come on, we're going to bed."

Jon being the funny guy that he can be, drags his feet and says, "Mom, I don't wanna go to bed.  I want to eat something first."  She stops in the hallway and tells him to go find something to eat. 

He went in the kitchen and found a snack.  She went in the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed and finished her juice.  When Jon had what he wanted, he came in and joined her on the bed.  Handing her a glass of wine, he told her, "We're out.  We need to go to the Vineyard and get more."
 
She took the glass and said, "Thank you.  I just had orange juice, so this would taste bad.  You drink it." and she smiles, and the butterflies woke up. 
 
"Ok, you don't have to tell me twice." He takes the glass back and sits next to her on the bed.  Beth takes the lotion off her night stand and squirts some into her hand. 
 
Rubbing the lotion in, she looks to her rock star and asks him, "Where are the kids?  Isn't tonight your night?"
 
Jon kind of chokes on the food that he has in his mouth and says, "Yeah, about that.  They are at Disney with Lupetta.  They should be here in," he looks at his watch, "about two hours." 
 
Beth didn't know what to say.  She looked at him, "The kids are coming here?"  She can't believe those words came out of her mouth.  "Jon, they're coming here?"
 
"Do you mind?  I can take them to a hotel if you do?" he asks her, with a little bit of shock in his voice.
 
She gets up off the bed, puts her slippers on and says, "I don't have beds made for them.  I don;t have kid friendly food.  Come on, we have to go make beds and go to the corner store."  She leaves the bedroom and goes into the first spare bedroom.  She flips the light on and realizes, that bed is covered with new clothes she has never worn.  "Jon, come help me."
 
He rounds the corner and says, "I'm right here.  What do yo need me to do?"
 
Beth whips around and asks, "Does their mother know they're here?"  Does she know they're going to sleep here?"
 
"Babe, relax.  Yes, she knows.  She's okay with it. I told her that I was going to come out just to see you for even a few minutes and she suggested to bring Lupetta and the kids.  Romeo asked about Disney, so I put them in a car to Disney and I came here to write.  Lupetta called me a few minutes ago and said they would be leaving the park in about an hour, and then it's about an hour drive."  He walked up to her, "Is this okay?"
 
She sat on the edge of the clothes covered bed and said, "It's more than okay.  It's pretty awesome." She's having his kids in her house for the first time and she is so not prepared, but she didn't care.  It was all going to work out.  She had plenty of room, she only needed a few minutes to put stuff away and do a little child proofing, for Romeo.  Slapping her knees and getting up, she says, "I better get busy.  You go to the store and get what they like to eat.  My keys are in my purse."  And she leaves that room and goes into the next one.
 
Jon follows her out but head toward the kitchen.  He yells to Beth, "Is there anything that you want me to get?"  He grabs her purse and reaches in for her keys and feels a pill bottle.  Pulls it out and reads the contents.  He froze.  He thought.  He reacted.  He's thinking, Oh my God, she's having my baby................
 
He walked to the doorway of Beth's second bedroom, holds up the prenatal vitamins and asks, "Is there something you want to tell me?"  With the biggest smile on his face.
 
She turns to look at him and couldn't respond.  She was speechless.  He's not supposed to find out this way.  She starts to cry.
 

 

3 comments:

  1. OMG! You can't leave us hanging like this!!!!!!!!!!! Next Chapter! Next Chapter! ASAP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way for Jon to find out he is going to be a daddy again.

    Now please post the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete