Thursday, May 16, 2013

Water Ch. 93 - Captain Crash

 
She couldn't stand the thought of him leaving, they all just got there.  One night wasn't enough.  She wanted him and the kids to stay, but the look on his face told her that he needed to go.  She has no idea what he has going on back at home.  Since she heard the words, you're pregnant, that's all she could really think about.  She knows that she has spaced out and Jon has had to reel her back in, but he thought that was cute.  Is she driving him away? 
 
She gets up and heads into the bathroom for her evening routine.  Standing at the vanity, looking at herself in the mirror, she drops her robe to the floor to get a better look at her naked body.  The body that was quickly going to change, the body she may never see again.  She is so deep in the thought of what this baby was going to be like, she didn't even see Jon coming up behind her.  He sneaks up behind her, sliding his hands around her belly, making the shape of a heart around her belly button.  It startled her at first, so she looked at his reflection in the mirror.  He kisses her neck, and she's watching him.  She noticed his fingers around her belly button and she slid her hands over his. "Are you okay?"  He asks her.  He can see that she's distressed and he wants her to talk about it. 
 
"Why are you going home so soon?  I thought you would be here for a couple of days."  Looking at him in the mirror, he's looking at her.
 
"I thought you might want some time to get everything in order so you can make the transition easier?  I just wanted to give you space, that's all.  We can stay.  I'm sure the kids would rather stay here then go home." 
 
She turns around and looks him in the eye, knowing he can't lie to her, and asks him "Do you want to stay?"
 
He's certain that she had to see the look of shock on his face.  "Babe, did you really just ask me that?  Of course I want to stay.  I have you and my children, I want for nothing more."  He takes her hand and leads her back into the bedroom, leading her to the bed.  "Sit down, there's something I want to tell you."
 
Beth, still naked, sits on the foot of her bed, "I'm listening."  She has only been this comfortable with one other person, and that was Brian.  But the feeling she had with Jon was different.  The love and the comfort she feels with Jon is so deep and so pure.  She feels like her breath is gone when he is away.  She can't even begin to think what he has to tell her.  "Tell me already." 
 
Jon, still holding her hand  says, "My divorce should be final in 3 weeks.  Dorothea has agreed to everything, now all we do is wait.  So, it's pretty much a done deal."  Waiting for her reaction, he squeezes her hand, "Are you listening to me?"
 
The smile on her face gets bigger, slowly, but it gets bigger.  She's thinking to herself, he's almost divorced, he's almost divorced.  "I'm listening, I'm listening.  Tell me more." she replies.
 
He sits down and starts to tell her how the events of Dorothea agreeing to everything unfolded.  "I dropped Romeo off one day after day school and I had had enough.  She was getting to the point where I couldn't tolerate her.  She was demanding stupid shit, like I knew she would.  She wanted everything I own.  Everything I busted my ass for."  He could feel himself going off track and brought it back around to where it needed to be.  "I had finally called Peter and asked what I could do to stop her asinine ways and he told me what to do."  Jon leans back and grabs the quilt that Beth has on her bed and wraps it around his mother to be.  Continuing with his story, "Peter told me to give her options, and when she kept being an ass about it, he told me to tell her that if she didn't decide, I was to tell her that I'll sell it all at a loss or give it away, and she would have the opportunity at nothing."
 
The smile on Beth's face quickly changes to an "ut oh' type of a face, covering her mouth she asked, "How did that go?"
 
"She said she needed a day or two to think about it.  Told me how hurt she was that I was doing all of this to be with you, and I only flew her to Vegas to get married.  She had to tell me that she felt like she was cheated, and since I left the marriage, she feels owed.  I had to remind her that her indiscretion is the reason we are getting the divorce.  Falling in love with you was a bonus." He lays back on the bed, with his arms above his head.  Beth turns toward him, cuddling as much as she could, waiting for him to continue.  "I gave her time, and she came to me with an answer.  She wants the Hampton house and the NYC apartment.  I told her she could have them.  She then wanted my bar, and I laughed.  She'll never get my bar.  She wants me to keep her in the lifestyle she has grown accustom to and I agreed to that."  He takes a deep breath and looks to his night stand to see if there is a glass of water there, there was not. 
 
Getting up off of the bed to get a drink of water, Beth asks, "What about the kids?  I have zero financial interest in your assets, babe.  My concern is the kids.  What happens there?" 
 
Walking back in, with a glass of water, he tells her, "We agreed to 50/50 custody, and that their school and social schedules would dictate where they go and who they're with.  Based on that, I need a new New York City address."  He sits back down next to her, and gently pulls on her shoulders so she'll rest her head on him. 
 
"Are you okay with that?" she asks, as she lays back and her head rests nicely on his legs.  She loves his thighs.  So muscular and so tight.  She loves everything about him.  Everything.
 
The look on his face says, I hope so, but the words that follow say different.  "I think it will be okay for a while.  But once I hit the road again, she'll use that against me.  So, I need to work around their schedule and make it work with the band.  And now that we have a baby on the way, I will want to work much less."  He's tired, Beth can see that.
 
She looks up at him and says, "I support whatever you do, and if me being in NY helps you, I'm even  more pleased.  I don't want her to ever use the kids against you.  Or our baby.  We both know that may put her over the 'edge."  Beth quickly runs scenarios through her mind.  She actually surprises herself when she tells Jon, "We should wait until it's final to tell anyone about the baby.  Don't you think?"
 
"I have to tell my parents, I am dying to tell my mom.  I can't keep this from her, but she won't tell anyone, not even my father."  Jon knows his mom would take that secret to her grave if she needed to.  She was Jon's confidant, and keeper of many secrets.
 
Beth ponders that for a moment and asks Jon, "Could we tell her together, or would you rather tell her yourself?"
 
"I would love to tell her together.  I would just love that.  She's going to be so excited."  He starts to play with her hair, brushing it off her face and running his fingers through it. 
 
"Well, let's go tell her then.  Tomorrow, I'll go in and talk to Paul, you can take the kids to do something and then we'll go to New York.  I know you're dying to tell your mom."  She sits up and kisses his lips.  He reaches up and holds her head, and gives her the kisses that she loves so much.
 
"Are you sure?" he asks. 
 
She nods her head yes, and says, "I would love to see the look on your moms face.  I know she'll be thrilled."
 
Jon nudges her, laughs and says, "You have no idea what you're in for.  You are becoming part of an Italian family, that holds family in the highest of regard.  My mom will be up your ass, she'll drive you crazy.  She'll call you everyday to get a report on how you're feeling and what's new.  She'll stop by unannounced and stay as long as she wants.  I hope you're ready."
 
Beth gives him a look, one he's not seen and she tells him, "Honey, your family is all the family that our baby will know.  I will welcome your mother everyday, with open arms.  I'm ready.  I've been alone most of my life, and I like the idea of a big family.  But, what do you think Dorothea is going to say, or do?"
 
Jon is quiet for a moment, thinking of how Dorothea is going to react.  When he thinks he has an idea, he tells Beth, "Well, she's going to be pissed, because Romeo won't be the baby.  She's going to be pissed and hurt that you're pregnant so soon after we met.  She's going to hate you, and me - but that's the least of my worries.  I don't care what she thinks about it or how she feels about it."  Wrapping Beth in his arms, he whispers in her ear,  "We're having a baby."
 
They agreed that it was time to call it a night.  They both had a great day, and look forward to heading to New York City tomorrow.  In bed, facing one another Beth asks Jon, "Hey, are you okay with us getting pregnant so soon?  Do you think I did it on purpose?"  That makes Jon smile. 
 
With his hand on her side, he tickles her a little bit and that makes her squirm.  And she squirms toward him.  When she's right in his face, and he can reach her with his lips, he kisses the tip of her nose.  "I have not once had the thought that you did it in purpose, and if you did, I wouldn't care.  It takes two to make a baby.  I did wonder why we never discussed protection, but regardless, we're having a baby."  She scoots in closer to him, throwing her left leg over his legs, using it to pull him close and hold him tight.  "I have a strong faith in God, and I believe this happened for a reason."
 
Beth is rubbing her face back and forth over his chest hair.  She loves the feel of the soft hair and she really loves the way he smells.  His scent could take her out at the knees, and it was a smell that she wishes she could bottle.  "I love you, John Francis." and she giggles.  "Our little girl will be named Francis."
 
Taking a handful of hair, he pulls her head back just enough so he can see her face and says, "That will not happen."
 
"I like it.  I think Francis is a beautiful name.   It's very Catholic and it's a strong name." she's teasing him and he's not having fun.
 
"Will you go to sleep already.  You have a long day ahead of you.  You have to go back to W.O.R.K.  Look who's laughing now?"  he pulls the covers up over her head.
 
"Jonny's getting mad."  she pokes him in his belly button, rolls over and puts her back to him.  They spoon and finally stop talking long enough for the both of them to falls asleep. 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I thought for sure Jon was going to ask Beth to marry him. Damn! Lol.
    Cant wait to see Mama B's reaction to Beth being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is interesting.... Interesting in a sense that this story reads so much like another one from a more popular FF author. Guess you couldn't come up with anything original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, oh please share with me this story that you refer to. I read 2 FF's and those stories are nothing like mine.

    And anonymous, why do you hide who you are? A little coward like, don't you think?

    Your feedback means nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read quite a few stories on the directory & I don't recall one similar to this. sounds to me like Anon is either jealous or just trying to start shit or perhaps both. move along now Anonymous...

    ReplyDelete