Thursday, May 9, 2013

Water Ch 89 - I'm With You





There was a knock on the door and when Beth heard it, her heart started to race.  She didn't think it was the kids, but it could be.  She ran to answer the door and found out that it was Tammy, with her arms full of groceries.  Beth grabbed some of the bags and led the way into the kitchen.  The ladies were taking care of the groceries, when Beth hears Jon open her bedroom door.  The women are standing there, when he rounds the corner - naked.  Beth says, "JON!" 

Jon turns around, half asleep and says, "Tammy, we have to quit meeting like this."  he goes into the bedroom and puts a pair of shorts on and comes back out into the kitchen.  He kisses Beth and says "Hello." to Tammy.  "Why did you let me sleep so long?  Why did you let me sleep at all?" he asks Beth.

She looks at him with bug eyes and reminds him, "It's my rule that you stay where you lay.  If you weren't tired, you wouldn't have fallen asleep."

"If you hadn't worn me out, I wouldn't have been tired, ha ha."  He smacks her ass and grabs a bottle of juice from the counter.  "Did you and Tammy go shopping?"

Tammy said, "No, I went so Beth could get everything else done and let you sleep."

"Damn it Beth, I said we'd do that when the kids got here!"  She shot him a look, he's never taken that tone with her before.

"Excuse me?" she gets in his face.  "Don't ever take that tone with me again.  You were sleeping and the shit needed to be done.  The kids have been at Disney all day, why would they want to make beds when they got here?  Poor Lupetta is probably exhausted." she informs him, and walks away.

Tammy is standing there thinking, she just talked to Jon Bon Jovi like that?

"Babe, I'm sorry.  I just wanted to make the kids part of it, to help them feel a little at home.  Forgive me?"  He walks up behind her, sliding his hands over her belly and leaving them there.  Whispering into her ear, "We're having a baby."  He kisses her ear and squeezes her tight. 

"You're forgiven, please help us take care of these groceries before the kids get here.  And by the way, when they get here, what is Lupetta's role?" Beth asks Jon.

Not understanding what she means, he asks, "Her role?  She's their nanny.  She takes care of them when Dot or I aren't able to.  And she takes the kids to do things like Disney when she wants too.  Why do you ask?"  he asks?

Beth is so nervous about having his children there and yet, she super excited and is really looking forward to it.  "I want to be able to do things for them, without upsetting her and I don't want you cutting her pay either.  I will cook and clean, she can rest and hang out.  She can go to the pool, the ocean or she can take my car and go to the mall.  I want her to have fun too." Beth tells him.  She's met Lupetta and she really likes her, she doesn't want her chasing after the kids when her and Jon are there.  It's time they started to see how well they could blend.

"You're the boss.  We'll do it anyway you want.  And since you're the boss, how long do you want us to stay?" Jon asks, he had no end plan.  The kids were missing school, but all school work was faxed to the house so they could do it while they were gone.  The kids rarely missed school and this was a real treat for them.  Vacation with their dad. 

Tammy excuses herself and tells the two of them to have a good night, and that if they needed her, just to call.  Beth hugged her, "Thank you, I don't know what I would do without you." And she kisses her on the cheek.  Jon hugs her too, and Tammy wants to die.  Jon says, "Thanks for picking up my slack tonight, I appreciate it.  Come over tomorrow and we'll cook out.  You can meet the Bongiovi crew."  Tammy accepts and leaves.

Jon and Beth are standing in the kitchen talking and he asks her, "When were you going to tell me about the baby?"  She was a little surprised by that, but she was honest with him.

"I don't know, I wanted to wait until I seen the doctor again, to be sure everything was okay."

"What did that matter?  You still could have told me." he chimes in, and she thinks she's sensing a little bit of attitude. 

"Jon, I just found out.  I don't think it's really hit me yet.  Hell, I got home tonight and all I wanted was wine.  Why do I sense an attitude?" she politely asks.  She doesn't want this to be their first real fight, not over their baby.  She walks up to him and grabs his hands, puts them on her belly and says, "We're having a baby."

He grabs her, holds her close and says, "I know, I'm sorry.  I just feel like I missed something.  I was hundreds of miles away when Dorothea found out and thousands of miles away when you found out." He has a sad look on his face, and she kisses him. 

There is a knock at the door.  Beth looked at Jon and smiled, then bolted to the door.  It was a race, and she won.  She flung open the door and there they all stood.  Four of the soon to be five, best looking kids on the planet.  She smiled, stood back and said, "Come in, come in.  I've been waiting for you."  The kids come in carrying bags, with Lupetta behind them, taking up the slack.  Once they are all in, Beth closes the door and says, "Welcome guys.  I'm so glad you're here.  Put your bags down, come in."  She leads the way to the living room.  They all sit down and Jon enters the living room.  Romeo sees his daddy and runs right to him and wraps his arms around his legs. "Daddddddy!"

Jon pick his youngest up and says "Hey buddy, did you have fun?"  Romeo shakes his head yes and plays shy in front of Beth.

Beth asks the other kids, "Did you have fun?"  They all nodded and said yes.

Beth asks, "Are you hungry? Or thirsty?"  Stephanie was thirsty and Jesse was hungry.  Romeo wanted to go to bed, and Jake didn't know.  Beth took the kids in the kitchen and had Jon show Lupetta to her room, if she wanted to get cleaned up or just relax.  

Beth opened the fridge and ran down the list of all the things that Tammy had picked up at the store.  Stephanie said that an apple sounded great and Jesse just wanted water.  Jake, being the second youngest looked to his older siblings to find out what he was supposed to do, so when Beth offered Jake and apple he took it. 

The three oldest Bongiovi children were sitting at the kitchen island telling Beth about their afternoon.  She was jealous, she loved Disney and the rides.  Jesse said, Net time we go, you'll have to go with us."  That made Beth happy.

"Jesse, I would love to go, that would be so much fun."  she smiled.

Stephanie interjected and asked, "What can you do with your leg Beth?  Is it all better?"  Stephanie was hoping that the kids would get to do something with her and their dad.

"Well Stephanie, for the next two weeks, I can't do much.  I can't even take my morning run.  I have to take it easy for two weeks.  And then after that, I can do whatever." 

"Can you go shopping with us tomorrow?" she asked. 

Jon had just walked back in.  He got Romeo ready for bed and laid him down.  He took one look at Jake and asked him, "Are you ready for bed, buddy?"  Jake shook his head yes, and placed his apple on the counter.  Jon picked him up, kissed his cheek and said "Come on bud, I'll get you ready for bed."  He took his tired young man and helped him brush his teeth and get pajama's on.  He tucked him in next to Romeo and told both boys, "Good night boys, I love you."

"Love ew daddy." said Romeo.

"I love you dad." replied Jake. 

Jon flipped the light off and said, "We'll be right out here, okay."  He leaves and keeping the door ajar, so the boys didn't get scared, in the dark at a new place.

When he went back into the kitchen, Lupetta was sitting with them and they were laughing about that day they had had.  Beth wants to show Stephanie where she will be sleeping and Jesse, so they can go get ready for bed if they want, or if they just want to relax.  Beth seen that Lupetta had slipped into her pajamas and she wasn't far from turning in.

Stephanie and Jesse followed Beth to their sleeping quarters, and once they were there, they told her that they were just going to go to bed.  The time change is tough on people that are on a set schedule and she understood that.  Stephanie gave her a hug and said thank you and Beth left her to her room.

She took Jesse to his room and the same thing, he's tired and wants to crash out.  She tells him good night.  And she leaves him to be.  When she made it back to the kitchen, Jon was in there alone.  Lupetta went to bed too.  It was now just Jon and Beth.  Jon picked up what stuff was on the counter and  took care of the glasses.  When he was done, he turned to Beth and said, "Are you ready for bed, momma?'  That made her smile.  One little skip and a jump and she jumped on him and he caught her.

"You called me momma, daddy.  I love that." she kisses his forehead and says, "Take me to bed, baby!'  And he does what he's told.

As they brush their teeth, they agreed that the night was brief, but good.  The kids didn't look uncomfortable and Lupetta fit in as well.  They were pleased and Beth is looking forward to tomorrow. 

They climb into bed, and in less than 5 minutes, Beth is out like a light.  Having had a nap, Jon wasn't tired, so he went and got his pad and pen and continued with writing the song he started when Beth came home and caught him.





 

1 comment:

  1. Okay first things first. That little shot at the top of the page is very distracting. Lol, but in a deliciously good way.
    Glad the first meeting with the kids went well. Hopefully they can all have a nice visit together.

    More please! : )

    ReplyDelete