Thursday, July 4, 2013

Water Ch. 133 - Hush

 
 
When they finally get the ready to go get the kids, they get into the Denali and head to Jon's moms house.  Jon is feeling that something is up, so he asks her, "Are you okay?  Reaching for her hand and grabbing it.  He pulls it to his lips and kisses it, "You seem so far away, what 's going on?"
 
Beth is looking out the passenger door window, watching as they go through Red Bank. She notices that there is a new boutique and a new salon.  She thinks to herself, I need to check those out, specially the salon.  Looking over to Jon she says, "I'm just tired, that's all."  She is wanting to scream at him.  She is so pissed that he flat out lied to her and that he hid where he was going.  Does he really think that she would never find out?  Didn't he know that it's always best to tell the truth?  He should know her well enough to know that it's best to be honest in the beginning.  Finding out that he hid things from her, after the fact, always pissed her off more.  Hiding things and lieing about things is a sign of disrespect to Beth and she's having a hard time swallowing that. 
 
"Are you sure it's just that you're tired?  Is there something going on?  You're not you today."
 
"Yeah, I'm just exhausted.  I didn't want to get out of bed."  She knows that she's being a hypocrite, but they are on the way to pick up the kids and she doesn't want t be in the middle of a discussion when they get there.  She's going to leave it alone, until the time is right.  "Can we stop at that 'Things Remembered' that's on Route 9?"
 
"Of course, what do you want to get?"
 
She sighs, because she really doesn't want to talk.  She just wants to sit there and soak up the sun that's coming through the window.  "Your mom ordered some spoons awhile ago for the
Bongiovi family reunion, and they're done.  She wants them for breakfast next Saturday."

"Why for breakfast?" he asks her, quite puzzled.
 
"I'm not sure, I don't know why she would order spoons.  But, I don't ask.  I just go with the flow."
 
"Well," pulling into the parking lot, "lets see what she's up to."  And he parks the car.  They get out and go in and Beth asks for the Bongiovi order.  The CSR is a little nervous, Jon Bon Jovi is in her store and they are picking up something that she had engraved.
 
"You are going to love these.  The lady that ordered them came in with her own idea and this is what we came up with.  Definitely a keepsake." the CSR hands Jon a box of spoons, with the original one taped to the top.  Beth looks over at the spoon, takes it off the top and reads it.  And she is now, highly irritated.
"That is pretty cool.  To do that on a spoon, what a neat idea.  You didn't know about this?"
 
Walking out of the store, she just tells him no. 

He puts the box in the backseat and gets back in the car. "Okay, do you want to tell me what the hell is going on?"

Snapping her head to look in his direction, she calmly tells him, "Jon, there is nothing wrong.  What does she plan on doing with these spoons?  Announce that we're pregnant?"  She's fuming.  That was news that she and Jon give, not his mom or anyone else for that matter.  "What is it with you and your family?"  She looks away and settles her eyes on nothing out the passenger window.

"What the hell are you talking about?  I knew nothing about these spoons and I have no idea what my mom is planning.  We will find out though, okay."  He reaches over and takes her chin, turning her head to look at him.  "Okay?"

She's feeling bad now, because he has that sad puppy dog look on his face.  "I'm sorry.  I don't mean to snap at you.  I'm just a little irritable too, I guess." She puts her head against the head rest, "Let's go get the kids.  I miss 'em."

"How about I take you home so you can rest, and I'll go get them."  He leans his head on his head rest and they just look at one another.  He smiles first, and she catches that contagious smile.  "I'm taking you home."

She doesn't fight him on it, she thinks a nap may do her a bit of good.  "Okay, I'll go home."  He starts the car and they pull out onto Route 9 and head back towards Red Bank.   "Babe, will you please find out about the spoons?  I don't want anyone to know yet.  That's our news to share."

"I will talk to her, I promise. She isn't going to tell anyone else, from this point forward."  Jon has every intention of talking to his mom.  He's not happy that she may have planned to tell the entire Bongiovi family at the reunion.  It was their business and he really hated when she would do stuff like this.  His mom would have to learn, Beth is not Dorothea and she won't tolerate the business minding and the butting in.  Mrs B's intention are non other than genuine, but this isn't the time..

"Wanna stop and grab a pizza on the way home?  Unless you want to go out.  I don't feel like cooking tonight."  she asks.

"I can grab a pizza, but the staff is back today.  If you want to eat at home, just give them your menu."  he winks at her "I noticed you were looking a little frazzled and I called them back.  Jesse should already be there."

"Thanks, but I don't want them doing anything other than cooking.  I will manage the kids." she informs him and there isn't any room for debate.

They both hear tires squeal and look in the direction that they come from - smash, crash and bang.  Broken glass flies, the sound of crunching metal and the smell of blood are the last thing that Beth remembers.  A teenage boy runs a red light and t-bones the Denali that they are in, impacting Beth's side.  

2 comments:

  1. OMG! You can't stop there! Seriously, you need to post the next chapter now!
    Please let them be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!!!! What next???

    ReplyDelete