Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Water Ch. 142 - Did Somebody Sell You A Broke Fairytale?

 
"Hello?"
 
"Hey babe, can you meet me at Ken's office in about half an hour?" Jon asks his best friend.
 
"Yeah, why?  What's up?"  Beth asks, not aware that he had an appointment, or a meeting planned.
 
"It's time to go public, and he wants to do it.  Can you cut out for a while?"
 
"I can.  I just got your portfolio done, so being there in half hour will be fine.  I'll see you there." she assures him, and his heart is finally able to take a break from the constant stress.
 
"I love you, Beth."
 
"Ditto."  And they hang up.  As soon as Beth set the receiver on the cradle, her heart begins to race.  She is sitting at her desk, in her office, and she suddenly feels a little anxiety.  She's been back to work for 3 days now and is thankful to be there.  The whole Dorothea thing and the whole divorce issue had her on edge, and work seemed to be helping.
 
Dialing the extension for her assistance Tammy, she waited for her to respond.  Tammy appears and Beth tells her, "I'm leaving for the rest of the day, do you have this handled?"
 
Tammy nods and smiles.  She's glad that Beth is back and she's also glad that she had lightened her work load.  "Jon and I have a  meeting and I can't be late."  Beth holds up Jon's portfolio and she asks Tammy, "Can you make me 5 copies of this and put them in the proper display."  Again, Tammy nods, and leaves with Jon's portfolio.
 
Beth gathers the stuff that she needs to finish some lose ends, planning to take it home.  When she gets the portfolio's from Tammy - she leaves, with the confidence that her NY team can handle the rest of the day.
 
Beth hails a cab and meets Jon at Sunshine's office.  Ken and his people have prepared a leak and Ken just wanted Jon and Beth to know what he had written up.  Jon read it before Beth got there and made his changes.
 
It reads:  Jon Bon Jovi and girlfriend, Beth Adams announce that they are eagerly waiting the arrival of twins, due sometime in April.  Jon Bon Jovi has 4 children with his current wife Dorothea, and Beth Adams currently has no children.  The two of them are thrilled to welcome the twins into their lives and Jon's children eagerly wait their arrival too.  We tried to reach Dorothea Bongiovi for comment and she is currently being treated for depression, in an area treatment center.  A statement from Dorothea's publicist wasn't made available. 
 
It was perfect for Jon, but he wanted her to give her approval before Ken sent it off to the New York Times.  Beth arrives, kissed Jon and hugs Ken hello.  "How is work going Beth?"  Ken asks her, knowing the complications that she had.
 
"it's great to be back to work.  I miss the kids, but I am glad that I can finally be productive.  When is this statement going to be released?"  She's concerned, she doesn't want it to ruin the upcoming holiday weekend. 
 
"It will be in the afternoon edition and the morning edition, if that's okay?  The sooner we get it out there, the better the upper hand that we have." Ken explains to her.

Jon and Beth give their approval and Ken takes the statement to his secretary.  She was told to hand deliver it to Mike at reception and he would know what to do.

Jon and Beth leave his office.  Once they are down on the sidewalk, grabbing her hand he asks, "Do you have to go back to work?"

Tapping her messenger bag that was over her shoulder, she replies, "Nope, I grabbed what I needed.  I have your new portfolio, projections and all that crap with me too."

Looking around, he asks her, "Do you want to go straight home or do you want to stay in the city for a while?  Lupetta has the kids at the beach."

"Can we grab a bite to eat, I haven't had lunch yet."

"Where do you want to go?"

She thinks a minute, "Lets grab something and go to my place.  We haven't been there in a while."

He steps out into the street ad hails them a can.  Jon tells the driver where to go and sits back in his seat with Beth.  "What sounds good? What so you want to grab?"

"I'd love something from the deli on my corner.  We can stop there. If that's okay with you?"

He kisses her cheek, "Baby, that's fine.  Whatever you want.  They have awesome Reuben's their and the rye is to die for." He jokes with her, but takes a moment to get serious. "Are you ready for the press leak?  It's not going to be good.  We are going to get hell from all sides, most coming from my fans."

With a look of, okay whatever, on her face, she tells him, "Jon, I can handle it.  Will you relax.  It's going to be okay."  Rubbing her hand up and down his leg, she stops at his crotch and gives it a little  squeeze.  He looks at her and she winks. "My place is closer."

She could almost see the light go on in Jon's head. Had he thought about it a minute, he may have figured it out.  But with her being on bed rest and with their schedules, sex wasn't a priority.

"Are you up for it?"

She laughs. "I'm not the one that needs to be up for it. You are."  They both laugh.  Just then, he seen it - the look in her eyes that they had been missing.  The look she gave him in the desert, on their first date.  He missed that look and hoped that it wasn't gone forever.  When he seen it, his heart skipped a beat.  He could see that she had a weight lifted and that the spark also showed her playful side again.  He couldn't help himself, he had to hold her.  With his arms around her, out of the blue and for what looked like no reason to Beth, she asked, "Are you okay?  What's wrong?"  She slides her arms around him and squeezes him tight.
 
Breaking the embrace, he sits back and explains to her, "I have written many songs about what I just felt, looking at you; but I have never felt it before."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
Lacing his fingers with hers, he pulls her hand to his lips and he kisses it.  "I put into words what I just felt, without ever feeling it before.  I made it up as I went along.  But what I JUST felt, was as real and beautiful as anything I have ever written, or heard.  I see the spark back in your eyes, you could never know what that means to me."  Beth can see that he's getting emotional, and she knows these deep moments are rare; she needs to embrace it.
 
With her free hand, she reaches up and brushes his cheek - with a smile on her face.  "I feel what you feel Jon, every time I look at you."
 
"I don't think you grasp how much I love you.  My God, when we're apart, I ache.  When we're together, I ache because I know you will eventually not be at my side.  You are my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night.  Seeing that spark a few seconds ago when you laughed confirmed that this is all worth it."  He leans in and kisses her, just a little peck on the lips. 
 
Taking her hands, she places one on each side of his face. Pulling him toward her, she says, "I love you, Jon." And she nips at his nose.  He can't let her pull away, he grabs on and slips his tongue between her lips and the passion flares.  They both know where this was going, thankfully they were just pulling up to the front door of her building.

Breaking the lip lock and the embrace was hell for both of them, but they needed to exit the cab.  Jon paid the driver and they got out.  Once on the side walk, Beth leaned into him and whispered, "Beth or Reuben, you decide."
 
Jon glances at her, then down the block at the deli and then back at Beth.  He smirks at her and says, "I pick Reuben.  My babies need to eat." 
 
Beth gives him a look of great surprise because she was surprised.  "What?  You're picking food over this?"  And she motions up and down her body. 
 
With his arm around her neck, he leads her toward the deli.  Kissing her head, he mumbles, "You need to eat, you're making two Bongiovi's."  She puts her arm around his waist and they walk to the deli and get lunch.  Much to both of their surprise, they haven't been noticed yet.  Not that either are paying attention,  but Manhattan is pretty busy during the day, and they are unrecognized. 
 
With their lunch in hand, they head back to Beth's apartment.  They have their lunch out on the patio and just enjoy one anothers company.  Jon asks the question, about the elephant i the room, "What are we going to do with this place?"
 
"What do you mean, do with?"
 
"Are we keeping it?  Or did you decide to sell it?" he wondered.  They didn't talk about it since the last time it was mentioned and at that time, Beth decided she wanted to keep it.
 
"I plan on keeping it, is that okay?"  she questions.
 
Sipping his tea, he says, "That's entirely up to you.  If you want to keep it, we'll keep it.  A place IN the city is nice.  So we keep yours or I need to find one.  I need a place in the city."
 
"Then we'll keep it.  Do you want anything in writing?" she asks him, trying to show him that she is serious about this relationship.  The argument that they had was over money, and she wanted him to know that she wanted to be fair, about everything.
 
"Babe, this is your place.  Why would we need anything in writing?" he can't figure out why she would ask that.
 
"I don't want us fighting over a pre-nup or a post-nup Jon.  What's mine is yours.  Plain and simple."
 
"We don't need to do anything like that.  There will be no need for a nup of any kind.  I'm in this for the long haul, I don't know about you."  He kicks back and puts his feet on the chair cross from them.  "Do you want a pre-nup?"
 
"I have no need for one, do you?  I don't care about your money or my own money, for that matter.  I'm with you because I love you and your family, your money has nothing to do with it.  I have plenty of my own."  She chuckles and follows up with, "Bonuses were handed out today.  I haven't opened mine yet, but I bet it's over a million dollars." 
 
"Ok, so no pre-nup.  But I do want to tell you this, I won't tolerate a cheater.  To me, that's when it's time to get out.  I can work passed financial troubles and the normal marital issues, but cheating is not something I will stand for.  I know Dot and I are still married, but you knew my marriage was over."  Dropping his head back over the back of the chair, he adds, "How do you feel about that?"
 
Beth kicks back in her chair too, their feet share a chair.  She tilts her head to look at Jon and tells him, "I won't put up with anything that resembles cheating.  And by that I mean, if it looks like you're interested in someone else - it's done.  I believe that happy people don't sway, they stand firm.  I know I can be firm with you."
 
"How do you feel about my fans?" he was certain she had something to say about them. 
 
"I don't mind your fans, except the ones that come onto the property.  And that really only bothers me when the kids are  home.  I think it's cute that they feel closer to you by visiting your places, but I really am not bothered by them.  Should I be?"
 
"Well, you've seen some of the ones that are allowed backstage.  All tits and ass, do they bother you?  Does it bother you that attractive women are backstage?"
 
"I have seen some backstage that look hideous in what they wear.  I've wondered who would let them out of the house like that, and then there are the ones that look okay, but they're fake.  Having them backstage don't bother me, at all.  Should it?" she giggles. 
 
"You don't get jealous do you?"
 
"That is one emotion I am not familiar with.  I see no point in it.  I know you love me, and I know that all of those fans wish they were me, and I don't mean that in a ha ha way, I mean - I know they would trade places with me in a minute.  I'm the Cinderella story.  We meet at a show, fall in love and have a family.  Who wouldn't want to be me?"
 
"You aren't worried about what I may do?  I'm surrounded by beautiful women all the time, you aren't worried?"
 
"No, Jon I am not worried.  When you fell asleep at Dots and she answered your phone, I was strictly pissed that you didn't call.  I had no idea where you were or if you were okay.  Never once did I think that you had sex with her."
 
"So, you trust me 100%?"
 
"I do.  I really do."  She was hesitant to say that, only because she was still a little pissed off about the stuff he had kept from her and she was still pissed that he lied about seeing Dot.  She was well on her way to trusting him, but it was going to take some time.  "Do you trust me?"
 
"With every ounce of my being.  I've never trusted anyone like I do you."
 
She smiles at him, blows him a kiss and says, "Let's go get the kids.  They should be done at the beach.  Maybe we can take them to a movie or something?" Beth gets up and starts to clean up their lunch mess, and Jon helps her.  While they do that, he notices the mementos of Brian still around the house. That bothered him, but he would never tell her.  He was a big part of who she is, and who she is is the love of his life.  Brian helped mold the woman he loved with every cell of his being, he would never ask her to get rid of or put that stuff away.  And he knows that she would never ask or expect him to put things of Dorothea away.
 
Out of nowhere, Beth asks, "Do you have fans throw themselves at you?"
 
Stopped in his tracks, he responds with, "What do you mean by throw themselves at me?"
 
"Do they physically come up to you and grab you?"
 
"All the time.  It's worse on stage, but yeah, they grab what they can.  Usually my dick and my ass.  Why do you ask?"
 
"I remember in Las Vegas watching girls go crazy if you were in their air space, crazy mad."
 
"Sometimes, depending on the city, I have an armed body guard.  I've had several death threats and crazy stuff like that.  No one has ever her me or anyone in my family.  So, I guess I'm lucky that way."
 
"Do you ever get scared?"
 
"Only for my family.  I'm pretty well protected.  I'm hardly alone and when I am, I'm really not. But the family doesn't have 24/7 protection - unless we're playing here.  I then add full staff to everyone.  Even Pete.  I'll add it to you, too.  Probably sooner than the next show.  Once word gets out that you're pregnant, that's when you'll have someone following you all of the time."
 
"Full time?"
 
"Yeah, unless you're at home.  Sorry, price we pay for being rich and famous."
 
"Um, blond moment here, but next show?  When is that?"  there is a hint of anger in her voice, but she knew better.  She knew he could never walk away from his music.  He was his music and his music was him. 
 
"I'm working on some charity events, but not much else really.  It will be local.  Nothing is definite."
 
They have finished cleaning up their lunch mess which consisted of paper bags and sandwich wrappers.  Beth was doing a walk through, making sure everything was okay in her apartment.  She's thinking that she needs to get her stuff out of storage soon. 
 
From behind, Jon sweeps her off her feet and takes her into the bedroom.  "Jon, what are you doing?  I thought we were going home?"  She's hanging on tight with her arms around his neck.  He kisses her before he lays her on the bed.
 
"I want to make love with you." he confesses.

1 comment:

  1. Love the talk they had between them concerning jealousy and the way fans react around him. Honesty and open communication are essential in a relationship.

    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete