Saturday, September 14, 2013

Water Ch. 186 - Ask And He Won't Answer



The Oprah Winfrey interview was a closed set.  They only let in a handful of people, under the direction of Oprah.  She didn't want to take up a bunch of Jon's time, and if the audience is filled with Bon Jovi fans they will have to wait for the applause to stop and all of the I LOVE YOU JON shout outs. Then the show will take alot of time in production because all of that will need to be edited out.  It was Oprah's intention to do the interview, one on one and get Jon back to New Jersey as soon as she can.  His time is valuable, and she's about to find out just how valuable it is.


 
Oprah, gaining control of her interview, after Jon left her speechless, she asks him,  "Do you have any idea who recorded you with out your knowledge?"
 
"We have a good idea who it was.  I have a team of people working on it."
 
"Did you watch it?"
 
"Yes, we did.  We watched it in my office yesterday."
 
"What are your thoughts on it?"
 
He smiles, "I think it shows everyone just how much Beth and I are in love."
 
"Are you embarrassed by it?"
 
"No, not at all.  We have a healthy and active sex life, and that's nothing to be embarrassed about."
 
"Your fans have now seen you naked and in a very vulnerable position, how does that make you feel?"
 
He smiles, "Well, my fans have always wanted to see me naked and as for being vulnerable, I am okay with that.  That's the human side of me.  The real side of me."
 
"What has this done for your career?"
 
"We have only been home for a few days.  We seen the headline when we were boarding the plane in Greece.  I haven't had the time to see what it's done for my career.  It did one of to things - brought me more fans or I lost some fans."  He sits up in his chair and fidgets with his pant leg, "This is the way I see it.  It's Beth and I having sex, both consenting adults.  We didn't record it and we didn't leak it.  We had no idea we were being recorded."  Taking a sip of his tea, he continues, "I am not going to apologize for having sex in a place that I pay to have private.  Security was very lacking in Salt Lake and I intend to deal with that issue at some point."
 
"Isn't your security, your people?"
 
"When I'm on the road with the band, yes.  The Salt Lake show was during the small solo tour that I did.  I left my security in the hands of the venue.  Obviously they need to brush up on their security skills."  And he laughs.

"What will you tell your children if they see it?"

"There is no if about it, I'm sure they all will see it at some point in their lives.  Hopefully they won't want to see it, but we are trying to get it off the Internet.  And we know we won't get all of it down.  So, at some point they will have a friend that mentions it and you know, kids will be kids.  But when they come to me and ask me about it, I will tell them nothing but the truth."

"Have you heard from Dorothea regarding it?  Was she upset?"

"Yeah, she was pissed."

"How is Beth handling all of it?"

Jon leans forward and stretches a bit, "Beth is devastated by it.  She's such a private girl and for her to think that her naked body is all over the world, well, that creeps her out alot.  We watched the video last night and at first she was picking on me, but when she seen herself, slightly vulnerable, she changed her tune."

Oprah faces the camera's and lets her audience know that Beth is in the building, but she declined to be interviewed. 

"Let's switch girls here, Jon.  We have been friends for many years, both on screen and off.  And with that relationship, I feel that I can talk to you about anything, am I right?"

He chuckles, "I'll let you know if you cross the line."

"Ok, let's talk about the twins.  The beautiful babies that left this world too soon.  How are you and Beth doing after such a tragic loss?"

This was the line that he thought Oprah would never cross.  Disappointed with her now, feeling a little betrayed, he didn't care that it was her job to ask those tough questions and report the facts.  He didn't care that this interview was a million dollars for the March of Dimes - he cared that Oprah had lied.  They agreed that she would not ask about anything regarding the twins.  Anything - and with both of her feet over the line, Jon wasn't going to have a conversation about the.

Sliding to the edge of his chair, with his hands on the arms, he looks at Oprah with the stink eye and says, "We made a wish, and two came true."  He left the stage, grabbing Beth on the way. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Oprah totally disrespected Jon's wishes about not discussing Spencer and Rowan. Oprah waa out of line.

    ReplyDelete