Sunday, September 15, 2013

Water Ch. 188 - Will YOU believe it?

 
 
It's a cool night on the river, not a cloud in the sky.  The stars are bright and the moon almost full.  The breeze is blowing through the french doors of the master suite, chilling Beth a little bit.  She walks over to the doors and pushes them so they are almost closed.  She's mesmerised by the glow of the moon bouncing off the water.  Standing there, she hears Jon say to her, "Earth to Beth.  Earth to Beth."  She turns around on her heels, laughing because he caught her day dreaming.



"Yeah?" she responds, looking at him laying on the bed, with the TV remote in one hand and his glass of wine in the other.

"Are you okay over there?" he asks her, noticing that she was 'somewhere else' for a while.  "What had you so deep in thought?"

She walks over and sits on the edge of the bed, on her side.  "I was trying to picture the grounds full of flowers, tents and chairs and I was thinking that maybe I could have Stephanie be my Maid of Honor." air quoting Maid of Honor, since it was a mock ceremony.  "Do you think she would like that?"

He can't help but smile at her, he loves her more and more with each move that she makes.  "She would love that."

"I though that she might, but I wanted to run it by you first because you know what Dot is going to say about it."

"Who gives a shit about what Dot thinks?" sitting up on the bed, he and Beth are now face to face.  "It's our day, our time - you do what you want.  Let me worry about Dorothea."

"No one needs to worry about Dot, I just know that she might put some un necessary guilt on Stephanie."  Beth reaches up and runs a finger down his cheek, feeling the stubble from two days of not shaving.  She loved it.  "You are so sexy."

Laughing at her, he says, "That was a quick change of subject.  Where did that come from?"

"I love the stubble, you know that.  It's an easy distraction."  She lets her hand fall into his lap and she just stares at him.  Her eyes start at the strong jaw line, following the lines up to his eyes, down the bridge of his nose and stopping at his perfect, his soft and sexy lips.  She can't help but smile, she can't stop her heart from racing when she looks at him and knows that he is hers.  He's devoted to her, he loves her, he cherishes her and protects her.  "How did I get so lucky?"

"Lucky?"

"Yeah, lucky.  I know how good I have it, I just wonder how I got the luck." she knows that sounded dorky, but it was true.  She is still amazed, most of the time anyway, that he picked her.  Over the thousands of women that have gone backstage, he for some reason picked her.

He takes her hand and tells her, "I'm the lucky one." Leaning in, he kisses her little nose and goes on to say, "I knew you were the one, the moment that I laid eyes on you. I knew it!"

"Do you ever think what your life would be like, right now, without me in it?"

"NO.  Have you?" he questions, with a little bit if question.  "I can't imagine my life without you, makes me a little queasy thinking about it."

Beth can hear in his voice that he just got a little scared, like he was waiting for her to drop a bomb on him.  "No, I can't imagine it either, really.  When I think about how life would be if I never met you, and I have done that in the past, I'm pretty sure I would be top at Deloitte and I'd probably be single."

"Are you happy?"

Beth moves in to be closer to him, she's practically on his lap, and she asks, "Do you really have to ask me that, Jon?"

"No, I just want to be sure." he explains it a little further, "Tomorrow when we go pick up the kids, we need to stop and look at a couple of houses.  One in Red Bank and one in Middletown.  There's a really nice one down in Colt's Neck too, but I think that's too far from the city."  As the words fall off his tongue, he can see the smile on her face grow with each word.  She is loving what she's hearing and is touched by his willingness to move and his effort in trying to find them their forever home.

"Seriously?" she bounces on the bed, with the excitement of someone that had just won the lottery.  "We are going to look at houses for us?"

He nods his head yes, "If you want to."  She can't contain herself any longer.  She throws her arms around him and kisses him.

"We are really going to look for our forever home, babe?"

"It's not fair to ask you, or expect you to live here.  I had this house built for Dorothea and I should give you something bigger and better.  You deserve it!"

"Honey, I don't want anything bigger.  But something that is OURS would be amazing.  Our own house." she smiles from the inside out, and starts to imagine what kind of house that she would like.  She has her house in LA and she loves that house.  They have the house in Queensbury and she loves that, plus there is her apartment in Manhattan - if she could put them all together someway, she would have her perfect home.

"Do you want to find property and build?" never thinking that she might like to do that.  His focus was getting her out of Dorothea's house and into one of their own.  "It's entirely up to you.  I am game for whatever you decide."
 
His cell phone rings.  The name on caller ID was RICK.  Jon seen that and looked at Beth with a look of concern.  "Answer it." she tells him.
 
Jon answers the phone and says "Hello?"
 
Rick and Jon talk for a few minutes.  While they are on the phone, Beth gets up and does her normal nightly routine.  Pajama's on, which were her fancy boxer shorts and Bon Jovi tshirt, she washes the day off her face and the funk off of her teeth.  She's ready for bed.  Grabbing her lotion, she walks back out into the bedroom and sits by Jon.  He's still on the phone so she just hands him the lotion.  With her legs over his lap, her starts to lotion her legs and her feet.  She lies back and tries to figure out what Rick may have found out.  Do they now know who taped them having sex in Salt Lake City.  Do they know who's foot they seen in the corner of the screen.  Her money is on Dorothea.  She's certain that she is behind it and has often run the scenario through her mind of when she would confront her.  Beth isn't violent, but she can picture herself slapping Dorothea across the face, and with great pleasure.
 
"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow.  Nine o'clock.  Thanks Rick, I owe ya one." and he hangs up.
 
"What did he have to say?"
 
Jon gives her the 'oh fuck' look, because now they are on the verge of dealing with yet ANOTHER issue that they weren't prepared for.  He has some information and he didn't want to give it to me over the phone.  We're meeting for coffee at 9, in town - do you want to go?"
 
"What about the kids and looking at the houses?"
 
"Well............"
 
"Honey, I'll go get the kids while you meet with Rick.  When your meeting is done, we can go house or property searching.  Sound good?"
 
"Prefect."
 
"Does he know who it is?" she asks.
 
"He didn't say.  I'll know more tomorrow."

4 comments:

  1. Jeez you cant leave it there!!!! I need to know!! tell Jon to just god damn tell him!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why the hell couldn't Rick just tell Jon over the phone who was behind the video taping instead of making us wait. That's not nice!
    Hope it is a short wait for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bet is on Dillon, although that just sounds TOO easy... God, I'm loving this story. So many twists and turns. Good job!

    ReplyDelete