Sunday, September 8, 2013

Water Ch. - uh oh (why didn't I publish this?)

 
Baby Girls,
 
Today is the hardest day of my life.  Your mother and I got into an argument and I think I have lost her forever.
 
One day you will hear the stories off all of the obstacles that we had to overcome and you'll hear about the ones that we didn't make it through.  Like today.  One day, when you're older.
 
The day I found out that you two would be coming into my world was one that I will never forget.  At first, mom and I thought there was only one of you.  But due to an accident that your mom was in, they wanted to monitor her as much as they could.  At our first ultrasound appointment, we seen that both of you were in there and we were ecstatic.  We were blessed, times two. 
 
I'm writing you this letter to let you know a little bit about your dad, because at this point, I have no idea what the future holds.  Your mother has left and I'm not certain that  she will ever come back.  Right now, I'm not sure when I will meet you. It is my hope that your mother and I can work through the mess we have now, I want nothing more than to be there when you enter this world.
 
You will learn that you have an older sister and three big brothers.  When they meet you, they will love you, very much like I do.  Stephanie knows that the two of you are on your way, but your brothers don't.  Not yet, I don't think.  We had to announce to the world that you were expected, but I'm not sure the boys know yet.  You will also learn that I am famous and everything we do ends up in the newspaper, the news and all over the Internet. 
 
Your mom and I met when I was married to your brothers and sisters mother.  Your mom knocked me off my feet and left me feeling empty, until I was able to be with her.  She lived in Los Angeles and I lived in New Jersey.  We met when I was on tour, and when I tell you she was all I thought about, I mean just that.  She swept in and stole my heart, and I haven't been the same since then.  Your mom became my life and when she wasn't with me, I felt like I was missing half of myself. 
 
The news of the two of you was music to my ears and it put the pep back in my step.  I was married, but I wasn't happy.  I had a home, but it felt empty.  I needed to be with your mom, but life wasn't going to let that happen.  We had our ups, our downs, our happiness and our scares - but right now, I feel hollow.  I feel like a shell of a man.
 
Your mom just drove away in a car, and I have no idea where she is going.  She was crying and very upset with me.  I want to tell her I'm sorry and to please come back, but her cell phone is off.  So that leads me to write this to you.
 
Bongiovi baby girls, I love you.  When I seen your little faces on that computer screen, I started to cry.  I'm going to have two more daughters.  That warms my heart like you will learn to know. 
 
As you grow, it is my hope that you are just like your mom.  She is so strong, independent, compassionate, loving and beautiful.  I am a better man for having met her.  Your mother will love you with every cell of her being, like she does me.  She will protect you and guide you, like she does me.  You couldn't have a better mother and when you're older, you'll understand what I mean.
 
There was a time when I almost lost your mom.  We were on a yacht in the Bahama's and your mom got sick.  I had to have her flown in a helicopter to the hospital, and I can honestly tell you that that was the scariest day of my life.  Your mom was okay and we got through it, and here we are today.
 
I have pulled your mom and pushed your mom right to the edge and to the brink, but there was never a time when I didn't love her.  I have hurt her by some things I have done and some things I have said, yet loving her the whole time.  We always managed to get through our messes, but this one is different.  I am scared I have lost her, and maybe you forever. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a heart breaking chapter. Love how Jon was telling the girls a little bit about his life and his relationship with their mom. Can't believe you kept this one from us!
    Lol, bad girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few chapters that I haven't posted. It's funny how my mood can change my course.

    ReplyDelete