Monday, April 1, 2013

Water Ch. 54 - Born To Be My Baby 2005




When Jon Bon Jovi sits down in front of you on stage and belts out his best version of Always, you should be jumping up and down, on the verge of passing out. Right? When Jon does it to Beth as the last song of the night for Gillette Stadium, she starts to cry. She chokes back tears and is amazed at how different the song is when it's sung directly to her.



She looks over at her show mate, Stephanie and Steph gave her dad a thumbs up. That made Jon smile and he responded to his daughter with a thumb up. The crowd goes crazy when Jon does that, having no idea what it's for. But it's not normal for Jon to do and the fans love that stuff.
Lights go out, the show is over. It's chaos in the stadium. Both Stephanie and Beth know what they are to do. They head backstage, with Mike of course. As soon as they get back into Jon's dressing room, Stephanie says, "Dad, that was a great show. I loved it." And she have her dad a big hug and a kiss. "I'm going to go find Marcy, I'll be right I the hallway." And Stephanie leaves her dads dressing room. Now it's just Beth and Jon.

"Stephanie is right, the show was amazing! And 'Always' was the one that cinched it for me. My God Jon, that was amazing. Thank you!" He sat down where she was standing, and pulled her down to him so she was sitting on his lap. If he had a hand behind her head and one in the bend of her legs, he'd be cradling her. He is still covered in sweat, he hasn't taken his ear pieces off his pants yet.but he has something to do. Something he needs to get off his chest, so to speak. "Hey, you know I don't want you to go back to LA, and I am really sorry if that makes you feel uncomfortable or if you feel pressured, but you know we have something good here. Can I really let you go?"

"Honey, what do you think is gonna happen? I'll meet someone and fall in love? Trust me, wont happen! So please, don't worry about that." She feels a little like maybe he isn't very trusting and maybe he has every right to? She's done nothing to make him feel that way.

He begins to tell her that, "Onstage tonight, all I could about was you leaving. I don't want you to go Beth!"

"I know you don't, but I have commitments and a life out there. I have friends and hobbies that are all in LA, Jon. I need all of those things in my life. Those are all things that pulled me from the depression I fell in after Brian died." She was revealing more of her past than what she wanted to. She didn't like opening herself up like that. But he needs to know her reasons behind telling him no.

He picks her up and sets her down next to him. He was still overheated, he needed to cool down. He got up and took off his shirt and toweled off a little bit. Grabbed a bottle of water and downed it. And says to the little blonde thing on his couch, "Well, can I take you back to LA? I don't have a show until Monday."

"I don't think that's a good idea. I have to pack for the Bahamas and you need to spend time with the kids, you have to take Stephanie home. I'll catch a flight when we get back to the city."

Frustrated and getting upset that he's not getting his was way, he tells her "I insist you let me fly you back to LA. It's not open for discussion!"

"We'll talk about it back at the room. Are we done here or is there more you need to do?" She asks because she's feeling pretty tired, she would love to lay down.

"No, I'm done here, we can head back to the hotel if you want. I just need to find Steph. Do you want to go with me?"  He asks, hoping she'll go so he can show her off a little more before she's gone.

Getting up off the couch, Beth grabs Jon a tshirt and tosses it to him. He pulls it over his head and says, "Thanks Babe."

They head out into the hallway, and there a people from the crew all over. The stage is down and they are loading it all into the semis. Jon can sense that Beth is feeling a little uneasy, as there are members of the press back there. He reaches over and slides his hand down into her, letting her know that it's okay and he's there, right beside her. She holds his hand tight, with a squeeze to say thank you.

Finding Stephanie was pretty easy. She was with Melanie and the band. Having herself a good time. The band loved the Bongiovi children and welcomed everyone like they were their own. Stephanie and uncle Richie were play fighting and Stephanie was winning.

"Stephanie Rose, we are heading to the hotel, are you coming?" Jon asked his eldest child.

"Dad can I hang out, I'll come back with Melanie? Please!?!"

"That's fine." He looks at Melanie, his right hand and says, "Not to late."  Melanie shakes her head, agreeable.

Jon and Beth stop back at his dressing room and grab their stuff and head to the tunnel. Jon feels the urge to fondle his new love and play with her while they walked.

Beth says, "Cool it there Jon boy, your aren't getting any of this tonight."

He stops dead in his tracks and asks, "Why the hell not?"  A little shocked at what he had just heard. 

"In case you forgot we have Stephanie with us.  How do you propose we do anything?  How could we with her so close?"  Beth is serious and Jon isn't liking what she's saying.

They start to walk again and he puts his arm around her, and she rests her head on his shoulder.  "I really don't know what I'm going to do while you're in L.A.  I mean really, when will I see you again?"  He's almost pouting now.

Beth doesn't have an answer for him.  She knows she has the next week in the Bahama's and after that, she has no idea.  Jon has 5 more shows to do, with the tour ending in New Jersey.

Coming out of the tunnel into the hotel was a little scary for Beth.  As soon as they walked through the door that leads to the hotel lobby, there were fans everywhere.  And they all wanted Jon.  Jon was good enough, he knew how to get through the crowd and he managed to get him and Beth through okay. They went up to their room, and Beth plopped down on the bed; exhausted.  Jon looked at her and said, "What has you so exhausted?  I'm the one that just poured 3 hours of myself on stage."  And he plops down next to her.

They are laying there, both on their backs, with heads turned facing one another.  Jon, with his hands under his head asks Beth if she needs anything and she just shakes her head no.  She thinks to herself, I have all that I need right here.  They laid there for about an hour and just talked.  About the show, about her job, his job, his kids and last but not least - their separation.  They both came to terms that it was going to happen and they tried to schedule some time, but it was hard without their day planners in front of them.           

"Hey guys"  they hear, and they both look toward the door.  It's Miss Stephanie and Melanie. 

"Hi baby girl" says Jon.

"Safe and sound as promised, I'm going to bed."  Melanie tells her employer as she turns to walk out the door. 

"Thanks Melanie.  I'll see you tomorrow." Jon yells after her as she walks away.

"I'm going to bed too.  Good night dad, good night Beth."  Stephanie says as she walks through the adjoining room door.  "Don't wake me too early dad, I know we aren't leaving until 12:00"  And the door closes behind her. 

"Stephanie Rose" he calls out after his daughter. 

The door opens and she peaks her head in, "Yeah, dad?"  she asks.

"Are you going to be okay over there?  I would prefer that you leave the door open."  he tells his daughter, knowing she won't be happy about it.  But she agrees, and leaves the door open. 

"Should we sleep in separate beds?" Beth asks Jon.  "I don't want to throw too much at her too fast?  She is impressionable and I don't want her mom thinking that we didn't respect her enough to be aware of how she might be feeling." 

"How do I tell you no, without sounding selfish?  I know you're right and it might be too much for her, but this is our last night together and I want to spend it," he whispers, "in you."

Beth wants the exact same thing but she knows that it's not the best thing for Steph.  They would have to close the door and then she would know.  Beth figures it's just better to leave it alone.  "We have to do what's best for Stephanie right now.  And I think separate beds might be a good idea.  Yes, she knows we're together - but do we have to put it in her face?" 

"How about I lay with you until you fall asleep?  By the looks of things, that shouldn't be too long." as he runs his hand over her face.  "You look beat."

"I am pretty tired.  I don't have the energy to get up and get ready for bed.  What's wrong with me?"  She forces herself to sit up on the edge of the bed.  Her rock star reaches up and rubs her back while she sits there.  Standing up, she turns to look at Jon and he's just smiling at her.  He is so smitten with her, it's a little funny.  "What are you smiling at?"

He sits up and grabs her hands, kissing them, he says "For being as tired as you are, you still look pretty amazing." 

"Well after 3 hours of running around and sweating your ass off, you look pretty sexy yourself.  Why aren't you in the shower yet?"  She questions him.

"I should go jump in - do you want to join me?"  knowing the answer before the words leave his mouth.

"Let me go take my make up off and brush my teeth and then you can have the bathroom.  Better yet, you get in the shower, I'll use Stephanie's bathroom."  Beth grabs her bathroom kit and heads through the adjoining door.

Walking into Stephanie's room, Beth says, "Hey kiddo, can I use your bathroom?"  Stephanie is laying in bed watching MTV. 

"What's wrong with your bathroom?" Stephanie snaps off.

"Your dad is in the shower and I'd like to get ready for bed.  Do you mind?"  Beth explains herself to the 'teenager'

"Fine, whatever."  She tells Beth as she repositions herself in her bed. 

Beth goes in and washes her face and brushes her teeth.  When she's done, she stops to talk to Stephanie, but Stephanie is sound asleep.  Beth turns off her light and TV and leaves her room, leaving the adjoining door open. 

Beth sets her bathroom kit on the dresser and climbs into her bed.  Jon is still in the shower.  All she wanted to do was lay down.  To not leave anything open to question or speculation, Beth has on a Tshirt and pajama pants.  She isn't in bed 5 minutes and she is sound asleep.

Getting out of the shower, Jon says, "Hey Beth."  he doesn't hear anything.  Wrapping the towel around his waist he walks out into the room and sees that she is sound asleep.  "I guess I don't get to lay with her till she goes to sleep."  He says to himself, out loud. 

He dries off and gets himself ready for bed and can't help himself.  He lays down next to Beth, wraps her in his arms and hold her until he falls asleep, they both are where they are meant to be.

On top of the covers shouldn't give anyone the wrong idea.  He too, is in a tshirt and pajama pants.  It's all innocent and there will be nothing for Dorothea to get angry about. 

Morning wake up call turned out to be David, knocking on the door hollering room service.  Jon and Beth awoke, trying to gain their composure, having no idea who is bringing room service.  No one ordered it.  A few seconds later, Stephanie comes through the adjoining door and says, "It's about time!"  She opens the door in her dads room and sees that it's uncle David, with a cart of food.  He just happened to be at the right place at the right time.  David pushes the cart in and tells the lovebirds to get out of bed.  Jon looks over at the clock and it says 9:50. 


 

1 comment: