Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Water Ch. 65 - I'm With You 2005

 
Beth wakes up and finds herself alone.  The patio door is open and there is a beautiful breeze blowing through her room. "Was I dreaming that Jon was here?" she asks herself.   Sitting up, she looks around and sees his travel bag, so she wasn't dreaming. She worked herself over to the edge of the bed and waited for a minute before she stood. Jon had left her crutches close. Making her way into the bathroom to pee and brush her teeth, she seen that Jon had showered. With his clothes on the bathroom floor, she knew he didn't leave the island. She just had no idea where he was. Finishing up in the bathroom, she manages to wobble herself out onto the patio. There was a room service tray with juice, coffee and all of Beth's favorite fruits on the table. She could tell Jon had coffee, cause there was a cup half full. She looked down the beach, and there he was....her Italian God walking towards her in nothing but his swim shorts and a ball cap.
 
He seen her making her way out onto the patio and ran up to greet her.  Kissing her, he says, "Good Morning beautiful, how are you feeling?"  He pulls out a chair so she can sit down.
 
"Thank you, I feel better than I did yesterday.  I think your bath was the fix all I needed."  she tells her  rockstar.  He pours her some coffee and adds just the right amount of sugar that she likes and hands her the cup.  She gives him a smile. 
 
He pulls out the chair next to her and takes a seat, and he is all that she can look at.  "How long have you been up?  Better yet, what time is it?" she asks.
 
Pouring himself a glass of water he tells her, "I've been up a couple of hours.  And if I had to guess, it's about 11:00."  He drinks the glass empty and pours another one.  Beth takes a plate of fruit and starts to nibble on some pineapple.  There is just something about pineapple in a tropical location, she can't help herself. 
 
"I had a flight this morning, why didn't you wake me up?" she inquires.  She's trying to think of a good reason for him to not wake her up.  He knows she wants to go home.  "My flight was the only direct one, Jon.   Were you up in time?"  she sets the plate down and sits on the edge of her seat. 
 
He reaches over and takes her hand and simply says, "You'll get home, will you relax?" 
 
"No, I won't relax.  I need to go home.  I want to go home."  she's frustrated because she can't storm off and make the point that she's upset.  She sits there and looks at him, with a little bit of anger.  From what she knew, she was booked on the only direct flight out of there to L.A., now she's thinking that she has to wait until tomorrow.  She is getting angrier by the second.  "Damn, it Jon, why didn't you wake me up?"
 
"Will you calm down a minute, so I can tell you what's going on." he asks as nice as he could. 
 
"What's going on Jon?  Other than I'm stuck in paradise with a cast on my leg for one more day?  Has Tammy been by?" she get a little louder. 
 
He can see that she is pretty pissed off, so he tells her, "When I heard you were hurt, I couldn't get here fast enough.  I know you want to go home, and baby, I want to take you home.  But, I would like us to spend a couple of days together, before you get back to L.A. and before I have to go back.  I know that's selfish of me and I'm sorry, but I want to be with just you." he pauses, waiting for a reaction out of Beth. When she doesn't fly off the handle he continues with, "I know I could use a few days of down time.  I am exhausted."  Setting his glass back on the table, he gets up to get a towel, to wipe the sweat off of his face, he's still sweaty from his run. 
 
Beth sits there and thinks for a minute, looking out over the pristine and warm water that she isn't able to walk in.  She would love nothing more than to take a walk on the beach with Jon or put her bikini on and swim with him in the ocean.  She wants to just be with him.  And being in paradise,  not being able to do the things you do in paradise just bummed her even more. 
 
Jon steps back out onto the patio and sits back in his chair.  Beth looks over at him and can't help but melt.  He hit her in her soft spot.  He needed a vacation, what could she say to that?  She just had one when she was out East to meet his family.  It's fair that he gets some time.  "What do you have in mind?  I really don't want to stay here Jon."  she puts it out there.  He knows he has her, in the palm of his hand. 
 
Smiling that billion dollar smile he says, "Look out there, do you see that boat?"  he points to a yacht that's anchored out to sea a little bit.  Beth nods her head yes, while she takes a drink of her coffee.  "That's how you're getting home."  The coffee that was in her mouth caused her to choke when she gasped for air, in disbelief. 
 
Her coughing fit only last for a few seconds and she says to Jon, "Are you kidding me?  That's how I'm getting home?"  She is amazed at the size and the beauty of it.
 
 
"That's one way for you to get home.  If you're opposed to the long way home, I'll fly you home.  I thought that the yacht would be perfect, for both of us." he wants her to be happy, he wants her to be happy with him and the decision he made regarding them.  Beth really has no idea what this man will do for her.
 
"Jon, I don't know what to say. It's beautiful.  Is it yours?"  she responds to the gesture that was more than selfish, it was selfless. 
 
Shaking his head no, "It's a buddies boat, I used to use it quite a bit, but no so much over the last couple of years.  It should take us 4 days to get to LA, at the latest.  It's fully staffed, all we have to do is enjoy ourselves."  he hooked her.  He's getting excited, thinking of being alone with her at sea.  No phones, no assistants, no wife, no band, no career - just the two of them. 
 
"BETH.......JON!  " someone yells to the left of them.  They both turn their heads quickly and are shocked to see paparazzi.  Beth hides her face as Jon jumps off to chase them off.  When she sees it's safe to get up, she heads back into her room and puts her robe on.  She was only wearing panties and a tshirt - she is mortified.  How long have they been there?  What did they hear, what did they see?  Once she is covered, she goes back out onto the patio. 
 
She can see Jon about 500 feet down the beach, very animated, talking to two photographers.  The animation diminishes and he heads back to the room.  The whole time he's saying to himself, I can never go anywhere.
 
"What did you say to them?" Beth wondered.  She could see the Italian in him when he talks with his hands, not only is it sexy; it's powerful. 
 
"I asked them how they knew we were here.  I came in under the radar last night.  No one knew I was here.  The one guy said that he knew you were here, somewhere, from the police radio.  He heard about your accident and tried to get into the hospital.  I told him he was an asshole and walked away."  he puts his arms around her and gives her a Jonny hug.  Her body conforms and she holds him as tight as she can.  He whispers in her ear, "They can't find us out at sea."
 
Looking up, she kisses him like she hasn't kissed him before.  She grabs his bottom lip with her teeth and he goes weak in the knees, "Let's get out of here." she says to him, with his lip still between her teeth.  He picks her up under the arms and carries her inside.  She finally let go of his lip, just so she could feel his tongue in her mouth. He takes her to the bed and lays her gently on her back.  "The door, please close the door."  Is all she says to him.  She doesn't want their intimate moments displayed on the cover of newspapers and magazines.  He closes the patio door and makes sure the drapes are drawn. 
 
Paying attention to her comfort level, he progresses at a pace her body says that it's okay.  He lays next to her on the bed and starts kissing her belly, pushing her shirt up to expose her breasts.  She closes her eyes and tells herself to relax.  She wants this man to devour her and leave her begging for more, but she can't relax and enjoy it.  She is bruised and battered and knows she's not very sexy right now.  Jon can sense her tension.
 
"Hey, what's going on up there?" he asks, concerned there might be something on her mind.
 
She looks him in the eye, looks at his nose and her eyes landed on his lips.  She reaches up for him and pulls his lips to hers, "I'm not feeling very sexy right now." 
 
Pulling back, he says, "You do know that you're sexy as hell, right?" 
 
"I'm just not feeling it, I'm sorry.  But you have to know that I would love nothing more than to make love to you right now." she plops her head back on the bed, feeling defeated.  He lays next to her and soaks up the beauty that she really is. 
 
"I understand." he comforts her and leans over and starts kissing her belly again.  "I'm going to kiss all of your boo boo's and make them all better.  And I'm going to start with this one right here."  referring to the scratch that's just under her right breast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment