Thursday, April 18, 2013

Water Ch. 71 - Novicane

 
 
 
 
Jon does not know what to say.  This is one time where the word wizard has no idea what to say.  He didn't see this one coming.  No one could have.  She took him out with just once sentence.  Wow. 



 
Turning her to look at him, she has to see that he's dying inside right now.  How could she have gotten through that alone, hell - he'll never be the same and he hadn't lived it.  He looks at her and he has tears in his eyes.  He wraps his arms around her neck and he holds her, to make her feel better and to make himself feel better.  He says, "Babe, why didn't you just tell me this?  Why did I have to ask?"  he doesn't want to sound like an asshole, but they have talked about marriage.  They even talked about her wedding dress.
 
Holding her with every ounce of his being, never wanting to let him go, she pulls away a little bit and says, "Will Thanksgiving be the same for you?  Because it never will be for me.  The first couple were terrible.  Give thanks for what?  The empty whole in my soul and my shattered heart?"  She was getting angry again and that made her feel better.  She has always been able to deal better mad, than sad.  But now she has a sad boyfriend and she doesn't know what to do there.  She feels for him, becasue he's feeling for her - but let's bury these feelings again.  It's so much easier.  
 
Jon has a minute to think about it and he asks her, "Why did you bury him on Thanksgiving, babe?"  He's a little puzzled by that.  But Beth has the answer, the only answer and the only answer that made the most sense at the time. 
 
"Sad, I know - but we had many people coming into Martha's Vineyard for our wedding, on Thanksgiving.  So, when logic set in and heart break took a back seat, his parenst and I decided we would do it that way.  His huge family was due in and many friends as well.  So instead of coming for a wedding, they came for a funeral.  It was a beautiful service.  The flower arrangements that came, even days after the service, were beautiful enough for a wedding." she has a slight smile on her face, as she looks back at the flowers.  "His family and friends were wonderful, they all wanted to help pay for this or that, and I refused help.  He was going to be my husband, I took care of him and his final expenses."  she's open and talking now, and Jon doesn't dare interupt her. 
 
They were now sitting together, she was between his legs and was resting on his chest.  Her reaches up and gathers her hair in his hands and makes a makeshift pony tail with on ehand, leans in and kisses her neck and says, "Go on.  Please keep talking."  He continues with the neck kisses and Beth says, "His mom and dad wanted him buried back in Chicago and I fought them.  I buried him where I knew he wanted to be buried.  Hell, we had wills."  She reaches back and puts her hands around Jon's neck and asks him, 'Do you have a will?"  Thinking to herself that it's really none of her business.
 
"Yes, I do.  That's actually some of the stuff that I needed to fax to Peter before I went to Atlanta.  I made major changes and he needed a copy to send onto Dot's attornies.  But yes, I have a will." he openly tells the woman they he WILL one day marry and father her children. 
 
"Can I ask what your final wishes are?  And who knows about them?" not too tough of a question, but it's one that shocked him. 
 
"I want to be buried next to you.  Wherever you are being buried, that's where I want to be."  he answers her honestly.
 
"Come on, where do you want to be buried?" she turns around and looks at him.  And his only reply was the look on her face.  She was able to see that he was serious.
 
"Excuse me, sir?" says a steward, with a look on his face like he was about to be scolded. 
 
Jon, startled, turns around and says, "Yes?"
 
The steward walks up to them, and can't help but run his eyes up and down the girl in the bikini, and Jon see that.  "What can I do for you?'  Barks the rockstar.
 
"The captain wanted me to tell you that we are ahead of schedule and we will arrive into the port of Las Angeles tomorrow approximately 10am tomorrow morning"  and he stands there and waits for a response. 
 
"Very good, thank you." Jon replies, with a dismissal in his voice that the steward understood.  And away he went.  "Well look at that, you'll be home a day early, does that make you happy?  he jokes with Beth.
 
She is torn, very torn right now.  They are 'talking' and she is relaxing having a wonderful time with Jon.  She really doesn't want it to end, but boy does she want to go home.  She doesn't respond to his smart ass comment about getting home a day early.  He tales his hands and rubs them up and down her arms, "Are you okay?  You tensed up." he jests with her.
 
How can her read he so well already?  That's a two way street, she can read him too.  So, she confesses, "I like where WE are right now.  I don't want any of this to change." she says with a little mousy, spoiled brat sound in her voice. 
 
"What do you mean?  I'm sure neither one of us want to stay on this floating paradise forever.  But I think I know what you mean." he assures her and wants her to know that he feels it too.  "I thought about this last night laying with you before I fell asleep, and it's only a question - but have you thought about moving to New York?"
 
She leans forward and turns her head to look at him, smiling she tells him, "Yes, I have thought about it, but it wasn't very long.  I hate winter Jon.  Hate it.  Out in L.A., it's warm all year around, with the occasional rumble.  I'm L.A. baby.  Dress it, love it, live it.  Have you ever thougth about moving to Cali?"
 
The look on his face should have been enough, but he felt she deserverd a verbal answer.  "I have never considered moving out there.  I blame L.A. for what happened to Richie, although he's a big boy.  My whole family is in New Jersey.  I could never leave them."  Beth knew that was the answer, becasue if her wanted to live there, he would already be there.
 
The smartass in her has finally woke up and she replies to her rockstar, "Well Mr. Bon fucking Jovi, how are you at long distant relationships?'  she laughs because the word 'fucking' surprised him when she said it. 
 
Well, the smart ass in him was equally awake and responded with, "I do them all the time, I can handle it - can you?"  he's laughing as he leans in and kisses her. 
 
"All the time?" she pokes him in the ribs, "I better be the last and the only."

2 comments: