Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wate Ch. 204 - Every Time I Look At You, Baby I See Something New

 

The day is drawing to a close, as they sit in their hotel room and talk about whatever comes to mind.  It was a rare occasion when that would happen, they had such busy lives that it seemed that they were passing up the little things and getting lost in the big things. 
 
They had so much in common and on the other hand, they knew very little about one another.  It was a love at first sight, but it was also a love plagued by trials and many tribulations.  The love they share is real, the love they share is deep, but will it be enough?

"Are you sure you won't join me on the road?"  he asks her as he lays on the couch with his head on her lap. "I want you to come, even if it's just for a few days."  He raises his eyes, wrinkling his forehead to look up at her.

Beth looks down at him, running her fingers through his thick mane of bleached hair and says, "You know I want to, but the kids need some type of normalcy Jon.  They need their lives put back together after all that's gone on."

He can't argue with her, he knows that she's right.  "I know, and I sound like a selfish asshole, but I don't want this to change."  Gesturing with his hands, he shows her that he doesn't want them to change.  "We are finally where I have wanted us to be."

She takes a finger and presses it to his lips, "Don't talk about it, you'll jinx us."  And she laughs. 

"Babe, I'm serious."  He springs up to a sitting position and continues, "I don't want any of this to change."

"Jon, what do you think is going to change?  Us?" she questions him.  He has to see the confused look on her face.

He takes her hand and moves in a little bit closer, "Do you have any idea how beautiful you looked this afternoon?  You were walking and I seen it, I seen the look, the look that you were happy, inside out.  Babe, I don't want to lose that."

"How will you going to work change any of that?  You're being silly."

"I'm serious.  When I watched you walk away from that tree, I could see it in your eyes, your face and even in your walk.  Watching you this afternoon made me feel whole."

She's feeling that maybe Jon is getting nervous about this upcoming tour.  She's not sure what he thinks will happen while she's away.  Is he insecure about leaving her behind, or is it just plain nerves?  Jon Bon Jovi doesn't get nervous? 

"Honey, I will feel the same way that I feel right now when you're gone.  What has you so worried?"

"Our multiple trips through hell recently has made it very hard to get RIGHT HERE.  This is what I've wanted for us, from the moment I laid eyes on you."

"And we made it.  Let's enjoy it without question and let's not bring in the cloud of doom.  We will be better than ever."  She slides up toward him and puts her hands on his face, "You Mr. JBJ better be on your best behavior while you're gone."

"Always." he chuckles, and takes her hands from his face and kisses each of them.  "You have no idea what you mean to me.  Ma thinks that I am reflecting my love for Rowan and Spencer onto you, because you brought them into my life."

"We did that."  she looks at him, "Jon, we made those beautiful angels.  They were our wake up call.  When the doctor told me that they weren't viable, I wanted to die.  Not having my babies made me want to end my life.  I always wondered how people can go through life with a deceased child or one that's missing.  I would loose my god damn mind and drive my car of the nearest bridge.  But when I called you, I knew I was going to be okay.  THEY brought us back together and I'll be god damned if I don't make this happen for them, I will not let them down.  And as for your angels, I will give them 150% of myself so that they can grow up to be well adjusted children - regardless of what they all have been drug through."

"I know, I know - my kids are in the best hands when they are with you and I am at peace when I think that you will be back here in the states taking care of them.  I just hope that you don't resent me or them when I am gone for weeks at a time."

"That will never happen, Jon.  How can you even say that?"

"It's simple - you are the love of my life, and to take off for 18 months, leaving my children with you, you know that it can get tough and I don't want you overwhelmed."

"They are wonderful children, we will be better than fine. We will catch up with you at some point, you know that.  We can take long weekends, plus Christmas is coming up soon."
 
The smile on Jon's face makes Beth laugh.  "What's so funny?"
 
"Your smile.  What was your thought?" she asks him, already knowing the answer.
 
"You on the beach."  wiggling his eyebrows.
 
Beth knows that every year he takes the kids to St. Bart's and has for many years.  She had given this subject a lot of thought and decided that it's best to just leave it alone.  It involved the children, so she would just deal with it - it was only a week out of the year and she could tolerate that he had been there with Dorothea many times.  She will do just about anything for his children.   "Me on the beach, yay!'  Beth says, with a little hint of sarcasm. 
 
Jon gets up, asking Beth, "Do you want anything? I'm going to step outside for a minute."
 
"Come on, you were doing so good." she tells him.
 
He nods his head, "I know, it's tour stress.  Happens every time.  I promise though, I'll quit."  he closes the patio door behind him.  Beth gets up and grabs a throw off of one of the chairs in the suite and wraps it around herself and joins him on the patio.
 
"Can I have one?"  she asks.
 
Shaking his head, with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, he tells her, "No, you quit."
 
"It's the tour stress." she mocks him and sits down on one of the lounge chairs.  The sun is setting and it's windy on the patio.  The view, from what they could still see was quite breath taking.  Jon sits by her feet and pulls the blanket over them.  Beth leans forward and pulls the cigarette from his mouth. 
 
"Come on, you don't need to smoke."
 
"Neither do you." she blurts back at him.  They both knew that quitting was best for everyone.  Beth quit when she found out that she was pregnant, and Jon tried - but the occasional cigarette really helped calm his nerves when he needed it.
 
He loved the way that she looked, all wrapped in the fleece throw.  "Do you have room for me?"  Putting their cigarettes out in the ashtray that was on the table.
 
Flipping open the fleece, she says, "Don't I always?"  and he climbs in with her and she wraps him in her blanket and in her arms.  "Thank you."
 
"Why are you thanking me?" he asks her, a little surprised by the statement.
 
She kisses the side of his head and says, "For not giving up on me and for be loyal to me when we weren't together."
 
"Did you really think I would do anything but?" he questions.  "Beth, I love you.  I love us.  I love me, with you.  You make me happy and I would never do anything to hurt you.  Being loyal to you was easy -- you're the best piece of ass I have ever had."
 
"Jon Francis!" she snaps at him.
 
He laughs at her, because she was so quick to respond, "What I meant is that you are, by far my favorite - in bed and out of bed."  Beth wraps her legs around him and asks, "I'm your last lover, correct?"  And she squeezes him with her arms and her legs.
 
"I promise.  Beth you are all I have ever wanted in life.  Now that I have you, I definitely don't want to lose you."
 
She takes a deep breath and opens up to him, she's needed to for a while now, but with all the drama that they were surrounded with, she decided to wait.  Now was a good time, because there would be no interruptions.  "Jon, I was having a hard time dealing with everything when I was planning our ceremony.  From the thought that my daughters weren't going to be there from the flood of memories of Brian when I took my dress out of storage.  I was on the verge of what I call a meltdown."
 
He turns a little to look in her eyes and see how bad she really was, "Why didn't you tell me?"
 
"And ruin the surprise?  No way." she takes another deep breath and confessed, "I went to see the girls a lot and I'd talk to them, and that helped."
 
Jon can see that she's getting emotional and he knows that he needs to let her feel what she's feeling.  "Go on.  What else had you on the verge of a meltdown?"
 
"Planning with your mom was a big help, but a mistake.  She blew the whole thing out of proportion and I didn't want to burst her bubble, since you and Dot robbed her of a real wedding."  As soon as she said that, she wished that she didn't.
 
"She would have understood."
 
"I know, but she was so happy when we were planning it all.  The only change I would have done was the guest list.  I wanted it much smaller, more intimate."
 
He kisses her cheek and promises, "You can plan the real one when it's time, all by yourself."
 
"You're helping."
 
Faintly, they can hear a knock on the door.  Jon gets up to answer it, knowing that it was room service.  He tipped the bell boy and set the tray on the table.  He peeked his head out the door and said, "Dinner is here, where do you want to eat?"
 
"I'll come in.  Just give me a minute, okay."
 
He heads back towards the tray and gets it all ready.  Her place is set and he was pouring her some wine as she walked in.  He looks at her and can see that she is crying.  Setting the bottle on the table he walks to her and takes her in his arms.  "Hey, what's the matter?"
 
"Just thinking about Rowan, Spencer and Brian."
 
"Do you want to talk about it?"
 
"There really isn't much to say, I'm just sad."  She takes her place at the table and he pushes her chair in.  Taking his place across the table from here, he has to confirm with her, "I'm here if you want to talk, babe."
 
She reaches across the table and takes his hand, "I know, but really, I' okay.  I just miss them."
 
"I can only imagine."
 
Beth doesn't want to be Debbie Downer, so she changes the subject.  "What do you want to do after we eat?"
 
He thinks for a minute and tells her honestly, "I'd love to make love with you down by the lighthouse."
 
She chuckles at him, "Do you have any idea how cold it is out there?  How about we go for a run.  I have some pent up energy I could burn."
 
"We can do that."

1 comment:

  1. You go for your run Beth, I will meet Jon by the lighthouse ; )

    ReplyDelete