Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Water Ch. 213 - I Didn't Really Miss Your Birthday, Baby

 
Beth reaches over and opens the door for Jon to leave.  They are greeted by his driver and Jon isn't ready to go.  He holds up his hand, stopping the driver from approaching them.  "I need a minute."

 
"Yes, sir." The driver turns around and goes back to the driver side of the town car, and waits for Jon.
 
Jon, feeling like a complete ass, admits "Babe, I totally forgot it was your birthday.  I am so sorry."  He cups her face in his hands and kisses the tear that rolled down her cheek.  "I am so so sorry."  He pulls her to him and wraps her in his arms.
 
"How could you forget my birthday?" she whispers.
 
He stands back a little and tells he, "We never even talked about it.  Why didn't you bring it up?"
 
"We talked about it, I didn't think I would need to remind you." she honestly feels that way. "It doesn't matter now anyway, you gotta go.  Your driver is waiting."  Her gaze falls upon the floor.
 
"Can we celebrate in St. Bart's?" he's hoping he can get out of this one, making it up to her later.
 
"Just go, I'm sure the boys are waiting for you." she steps back so he can make it out the door.
 
All he can do is kiss her goodbye and tell her that he loves her, and that's what he does.  He feels terrible and doesn't want to leave her upset, but he has commitments.  She knows that.  "I love you Beth Ann Adams-Bongiovi.  More than you will ever know." he kisses her nose.
 
"I love you too, Jon" and her arms go around his neck like they were magnetic.  She holds him tight and doesn't want to let him go, but she knows that she needs to.  Stepping back, releasing him from her hold she kisses his nose and says, "Until next time." and she gave him a crooked smile.
 
He smiles and adds, "I'll call you when I get to Seattle, okay?" His hands are on her shoulder, "We'll talk tonight??"
 
She nods her head yes and tells him to get going.  She needs to get ready to go meet Pete, who's picking up the kids from school.  "Tonight."
 
"You have your schedule, right? It has all of the kids stuff on it too."
 
"I got it."
 
"I love you!" comes out of his mouthy, faintly.  His lips were pressed to hers and the kiss goodbye ensued.
 
"Ditto!"
 
Jon turns to leave and as he's walking to the car, he looks back at her and says, "Happy Birthday, Baby!"  She waves goodbye and closes the door.  She didn't want to see him getting into the car or pulling away.
 
Leaning against the door, she feels herself going weak in the knees.  She slides down and sit on the floor in the foyer.  Looking at the beautiful home that he provides for her.  But to her, it wasn't home.
After a few more minutes of feeling sorry for herself, Beth gets up and heads into the kitchen to see what her schedule really looks like.  She wants quality time each of the kids and she would love to get closer with his parents, this looks like the opportune time.
 
Her schedule shows many Lacrosse practices and matches.  Cheerleading practicing.  Play dates, away from home and a few scheduled for at their house.  Beth thinks, This will be interesting.
 
Knowing that she has to leave to meet Pete up by Sayreville, she headed up stairs to get dressed.  She showers quick and dries off as she stumbles into her closet to grab her clothes.  Pair of jeans and a tshirt, with a hoodie was her choice.  It's cold out there and she like to be comfortable and warm.  At her dresser, she pulls out matching bra and panties and a pair of socks.  When she lifts her socks, she sees a velvet box. 
 
Picking it up she takes it and sets on the bed.  Lifting the top, she is mesmerized by the beautiful diamond ring that was in there.  The ring she loved so much when they were in Greece.  She wasn't the only one that knew how to sneak around and buy things.  Jon was pretty good at it.  She takes the diamond ring out of the box and looks it over.  Inscribed on the inside of the band, were the words, Your 1st Birthday With Me, I love you Beth Ann.  Love, Jon
 
She puts it on her finger as she has some mild crying going on.  Why would he leave with me being mad?  she asks herself.
 
Now she felt like the ass.  She really should have known better.  Jon would not forget her birthday.  She goes over to the bedside phone and dials his cell.  It's off.  For a moment she stands there and remembers, she has the number for the Bon Jovi plane in her cell phone.  She be bops down stairs and grabs her cell, and calls the plane.
 
"Air Force One" Beth hears what sounds like Dave answer the phone.
 
"Dave?"
 
"Is this Beth?"
 
"Yeah, is Jon on board yet?"
 
"You're not coming on tour with us?" Dave asks her and he sounds a little disappointed bout it.
 
"No, I'm staying back with the kids.  Is Jon there yet?"
 
"Yep, hang on."  The ride to the Monmouth Executive Airport wasn't very long at all.  "Jon, Beth is on the phone."
 
"Okay."
 
A few minutes later she hears, "Hey babe, what's up?"
 
"I love you!  But, why did you leave with me mad at you?  Why did you lead me to believe that you forgot my birthday?"
 
"I had to go with it, I could see you getting upset.  I thought a surprise would be nice.  Do you like the ring?"
 
"That's the ring I fell in love with in Greece."
 
"I know."
 
"When did you sneak back and buy it?"
 
"When you and Pete were getting your nails done.  Ha ha, two can play the 'go back and get it' game."
 
"Thank you honey, I love it.  I'm sorry I was so mean to you earlier."

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, and sweet, surprise Jon left for Beth to find after he was gone. I love the romantic side of Jon. It is so sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He didn't forget, I starts to cry...

    ReplyDelete