Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Water Ch. 203 - Because We Can

 
The knock on the door startled Beth awake.  She looks over at Jon's spot and he seems to be missing.  Where the hell is he?  She gets out of bed and puts on the hotel provided bathrobe and answers the door.  It was Jon with their breakfast cart.

 
"Good morning, Mrs. Bon Jovi.  How did you sleep?"
 
Rubbing her eyes and stomping back to the bed, she says, "Mrs. Adams- Bongiovi slept great, until the bellboy woke me up.  What's for breakfast?"
 
He smooches her and tells her, "I got you all of your favorites."  He sets the tray on the bed and pours her a cup of coffee.
 
"Thank you." she takes a sip and is surprised by how great the coffee tasted.  "Have you tried this?"
 
"I've had two cups since my run."
 
"How long have you been up?  You went for a run already?"  rubbing her eyes some more she asks, "What time is it?"
 
"11:30"
 
"God damn it Jon, why do you let me sleep so late?  We are on our commitment moon." she whines to him.  She hates when he does that, and he does it all the time.  She had always been an early riser, but since she's been with Jon that has changed.  Or maybe he gets up too early?
 
"You know the answer to that already." He fits his ass between her and the edge of the bed and kicks his feet up.  "This place is beautiful."
 
"How much did you see?" she asks, hoping he didn't pay attention to all that was around them.  She wanted them to see it together.
 
"Not much.  I only ran a few miles.  I thought I'd get you up and then we could go for a run." leaning, he places his head on her shoulder.  "Are you going to eat?  We don't have much time."
 
"Yeah, yeah - we have plenty of time.  The island is only 8 miles long I think."
 
"What else do you know about it besides there are no cars allowed?"
 
"I knew that.  I guess they do war reenactments and stuff.  The island is known for it's fudge." she places a berry  on the tip of his lips.  he snaps it out of her hand and she laughs.  "Do you want some of this toast?"  She puts jelly on her toast, won't eat it without and Jon always remembers that.
 
He nods, "Yes please, no jelly though." he answers her.  And she knew that.  He loves strawberries, but didn't like anything made with strawberries.  Jelly, jam , jello.........all were yucky to Jon.  Beth hands him a piece of wheat toast that was soggy from the amount of butter that the kitchen had put on it.  Jon folded it in half and took a bite.
 
"Do you want to go for a run?"
 
"We can, or we can just walk the island.  It's up to you.  This part I didn't plan." she admits, she dropped the ball on the honeymoon plans; not sure how they would feel.  They only had the weekend together, so she didn't want it scheduled or planned.  She wanted it to be wide open so they could do whatever they wanted, even if it was nothing.
 
Jon sees this opportunity and takes it, "A part that you don't have planned.  Well, well....little Miss I'm gonna plan it behind your back has no plan?  What will we do?" he jests with her and she doesn't like it, but he's right.  She didn't have a plan.
 
"In my defense, JON, I didn't plan this out because I thought we would stay in the room all weekend."
 
"No you didn't."
 
"Uh huh." she replies, with a smile on her face.
 
"I wish, but I know you.  You want to get out and see the island, so hurry up.  Let's go." he gets up, kicks off his running shoes and peels the socks from his feet.  "I'm taking a quick shower."
 
"I'll be there in a minute." She yells after him "What's the weather like? Is it cold?"
 
"Sweater to hoodie, you'll be fine."
 
"No shorts r skirt?"
 
"Too chilly.  The wind coming off the water will make you cold if you wear shorts." he fills her in on the proper fashion for the day.  He's in the shower now and she can hear the water hitting the floor, making different sounds.  She gets up, grabs her robe and walks out onto the patio.  The air is chilly, but the sun feels great.  She decides on blue jeans and a hoodie.  The two of them will look very incognito, walking with all of the other tourists.
 
Looking down onto the street below, she sees a lot of walkers, several people are on bicycles and there are a few horse drawn carriages.  Beth watches them all pass by, no one knowing that Jon Bon Jovi was even on the island.  No one knew where they were going except for Mrs. B, the pilot and Beth.  She planned it that way and made it very clear that no one was to divulge where they were.  He's leaving in a matter of days and Beth took extra precautions to ensure that they would have a great weekend.  Who would think that Jon Bon Jovi was on a mini vacation on Mackinac Island?
 
Late fall on Mackinac Island is one of the prettiest places on earth.  As Beth and Jon walked the island, he would snap a picture from time to time.  He was an avid photographer and lately he feels like he's lost his passion for it, but when Beth suggested he take his camera and a lens or two - that made him happy.  They were going some place that he could take pictures.  The island didn't allow auto mobiles and walking was the preferred method of transportation, and they did just that.  They walked all 8 miles, hand in hand, arm in arm, Beth on his back - but most importantly, they walked it together.  They both were very happy, Jon just a little more than Beth though. 
 
With her hand in his, he pulls her close to him and asks her, "Are you hungry?"  They have been walking and sight seeing for hours, enjoying the beautiful fall day in the northern Michigan.  The leaves were at full peak and the air was warm.  Beth couldn't have paid for a day that would be any better. 
 
With an undecided look on her face, she decides, "Yeah, I could eat something.  What sounds good?"  as soon as she gets the words out, she begins again, "I know, you'll eat wherever I decide, right?"
 
"Right."
 
"Well, I planned everything else out - you pick where we're going to eat."  Turning around and looking behind them Beth takes note that all of the cafe's and shoppes are behind them, about 4 miles.  "We should head back towards town." grabbing his arm and trying to drag him with her.  He's fixated on a dead tree that has fallen and has vines growing around it.  He's mesmerized by the sight and is taking pictures.  Beth starts on the walk back toward town.  Jon follows her a few minutes later, taking picture after picture of her.  The camera loves her.  After a few more shots, he catches up with her and stops her.
 
"Babe?" he tries to say with a straight face, but he can't.
 
"What, Jon?" his look makes her laugh.
 
"I love you."
 
She pushes his chest and tells him, "You're a dork.  But I love you too."
 
"Will you pose for me later?" he whispers, cause there are people all over the place; walking, biking and on horses.
 
Her mouth drops and she asks, "What did you just ask me?  Are you serious?"
 
"Yeah, why not?"
 
"Oh, I don't know but a sex tape comes to my mind."
 
"We had nothing to do with that."
 
"But we had to deal with it.  NO Jon.  I will not pose for you." and she continues walking.  He's behind her, snapping more pictures.  "Come on, will you stop, please."
 
He snuggles into her neck and mumbles, "Fine.  I just want some pictures of you that would be just for me."  his plea is heart felt, but Beth knew that it would turn around and bite her in the ass. 
 
"Hon, we had some great pictures taken last night.  And I had some done before the ceremony. Find one of those that you like.  I am not ready for that kind of risk.  The tape about killed me."
 
He kisses her on the cheek and says, "I know it did, and it was tough for me.  I'm sorry, I just know that I'm leaving and you're not coming.  Just wanted some hot pictures."
 
"To put in quick change?  I'm sure the guys would love that." she sarcastically laughs.
 
"Babe, they would be for my eyes only."
 
"Can we talk about this later, when there aren't people walking by hearing what we're saying?" she asks, with a little bit of irritation in her voice.
 
"I'm sorry."
 
"Where are we eating?  What sounds good?" she tries to change the subject - but she's running through her head a way that she can get her photograph taken, with class, for Jon.  She'll find someone to do it and she'll surprise him with it on the road.
 
Back at the Mackinac Grand Hotel, they work their way into the grand dining room and are seated. 
 
They have a late lunch and before they go up to their room, they place a room service order for later.  Once they get back in their room, they see that housekeeping had been there, and they left fresh flowers on the tables with a complimentary bottle of champagne.  Jon picks it up and looks at it, "Impressive.  Do you want some?"
 
 
 
"Sure, why not?" she pulls her hoodie off and grabs the glasses from the counter.  They have champagne while they sat on the couch and talked. 

3 comments:

  1. The island sounds beautiful and very remote. A perfect place to have some alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mackinac Island.... well that is one place no one would really think he'd be. Heck, he could go anywhere in the UP and not be bothered! Mackinac Island is an AMAZING place. I love it there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that it's pretty amazing. I have never been there, my husband and I have talked about going. We had friends send us some fudge from there and it was quite good.

    ReplyDelete