Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Water Ch. 200 - I Don't Wanna Make The Same Mistakes


 
Standing at the archway with the men and the boys that he cherishes most , he hears the music start and turns around to see the woman that was walking down the pathway to commit herself to him, and his family. 

 
His breath is taken away, his heart races and his smile is the biggest it has ever been.  He sees just how beautiful that she really is and when she smiles back at him - he knows.  He knows that they will be together forever and the love that they have will foster a relationship that they both crave.  One of honesty, openness and friendship. 
 
The sweetheart neckline accentuated Beth's perfect shape.  The white dress was form fitting, fitting her perfect in every place.  It was a mix of vintage and modern design; antique lace and silk.  The bodice was tight and the silk flowed, landing just above her knees.  He heels are bright red, matching her bouquet of red roses, bunched together with Baby's Breath   Beth's grandmother gave her the dress when she was going to marry Brian.  Beth sat with her grandmother for hours while she altered and added to the dress, altering it to Beth's satisfaction.
 
  Taking the dress out of storage was a painful thing for Beth.  It brought back memories of people that she loved and the same ones that she lost, but it also made her smile.  She knows in her heart of hearts that her grandmother and Brian would approve of Jon and his family, and give her their blessings.  She knows that grandma, Brian, Rowan and Spencer are with them now as she walks toward Jon and his family.
 
 
John and Romeo slowly walk Beth down the path that leads to Jon.  His brothers are at his side, making comments about how beautiful she is.  Jon can't hear a word.  His focus is on the women that is walking his way.  The woman that challenges him, the woman that adores him and his children, the woman that will put no one else before him, the woman that he will spend the rest of his life with.
 
Reaching Jon, his dad hands Beth off but not before hugging and kissing her.  He whispers softly into her ear, "Thank you." 
 
Beth, still holding the embrace looks at John, smiles and asks, "What for?"
 
"For rescuing him."  John takes a step back and lets Jon take his place.  Beth takes in the sight that is her partner, standing before her in front of his family and their friends, she starts to get teary eyed. 
 
Jon reaches up and brushes her cheek, "Hey, don't cry."
 
Beth let's out a little laugh and whispers, "I'm going to try not to."
 
Side by side, hand in hand Jon and Beth turn to face the clergyman and give him their full attention.  Their palms are sweating as they stand there holding each other's hand, both squeezing randomly, as if they were communicating.
 
The clergyman started the service, once the guests were seated and all was quiet. 
 
"We are gathered here today in the sight of God and angels, and the presence of friends and loved ones, to celebrate one of life’s greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to add our best wishes and blessings to the words which shall unite Jon and Beth in their commitment to one another.  Today truly is a glorious day the Lord hath made – as today both of you are blessed with God’s greatest of all gifts – the gift of abiding love and devotion between a man and a woman. All present here today – and those here in heart – wish both of you all the joy, happiness and success and the world has to offer.
As you travel through life together" Beth rests her head on Jon's shoulder, "I caution you to remember that the true measure of success, the true avenue to joy and peace, is to be found within the love you hold in your hearts. I would ask that you hold the key to your heart very tightly." 

Jon turns his head to kiss her on the head, whispering "I love you."

 
The clergyman continues with "Within the Bible, nothing is of more importance than love. We are told the crystalline and beautiful truth: “God is Love”. We are assured that “Love conquers all”. It is love, which brings you here today, the union of two hearts and two spirits. As your lives continue to interweave as one pattern, remember that it was love that brought you here today, it is love that will make this a glorious union, and it is love which will cause this union to endure."
 
 
Would you please face each other and join hands.  Jon and Beth face one another and he can see the tear roll down her cheek.  He reaches up and catches it before it falls.  He smiles at her.
 
"Jon do you take Beth to be your partner?
Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others
and holding only to her forevermore?"
 
“I do”
 
"Beth do you take Jon to be your partner?
Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect him, forsaking all others
and holding only to him forevermore?"
 
 
“I do”
 
"Family and friends, Jon and Beth have taken the liberty of writing their own vows, pledging their love and commitment to one another."  The clergyman looks to Jon.  Twenty plus years in the spotlight, one would think that he could do this with the greatest of ease.  He's choked up and very nervous. 
 
Clearing his throat, he steadies his stance and starts, "Beth Ann I choose now to stay this path with you, wherever it leads, whatever the outcome; To respect the unique person that you are and help you to become who you will be. To travel with you through the adventures of life, loving you at my side; in all that we will find, I pledge my friendship, my faith and my love.  You and I will live with the miracle. And miracles are possible where there is love. Love is the reason we are here before God. And I believe that today, God opens his hand to us. I believe that I was chosen to live my life with you from this day forward. Today I act on this belief before our friends and family, giving myself unendingly to you." 
 
He can hardly contain himself, one tear managed to get passed the rough exterior and roll down his cheek.  This time, Beth reaches out and stops the tear.  With his tear on the tip of her finger, she kisses it and winks at him.  She loves seeing the vulnerable side of him that he rarely lets out.  She can feel all of her fears and her reservations about a life with a rock star fade away with each word he said.
 
The clergyman turns to Beth.  Beth can't keep it together as well as Jon did.  She's borderline, a blubbery mess.  Taking a deep breath, she starts, "Jon, your love has provided me with vision and depth beyond the reaches of my years. Now with you at my side, my goals are clear, my hopes are high, and my life is full of purpose. I am ready and able to offer all that I am to you from this day forward. With aspirations tempered by realism and love limited by nothing, I join with you from this day forward.  I will base my life with you on love and caring. I will be considerate of your wishes and desires, and respect your integrity and intentions. I will support your dreams and goals, and strive to keep our lives with laughter and joy. Where there are troubles, I will stand with you. I bring to you the very best person that I can be, now and forever."
 
The clergyman looks to Anthony and Matthew, "And now the exchanging of the rings."
 
Matt hands the clergyman two rings.  With them in his hand, he blesses them with a small prayer and hands them to each Jon and Beth. 
 
Without prompting, Jon takes Beth's left hand, slips the ring on her finger and tells her, "This token is small when it's compared to the love that I feel for you.  Every time you look at it, it's my hope that you will think of me and the love that we share, and have shared from day one.  Beth Ann, you were not my first, but you are definitely my last.  I love you with every ounce of my being and I swear to you that I will spend the rest of my life making you happy.  You are wonderful to my children and they adore you.  This is the only thing we could do - commit ourselves to one another in front of our friends and family.  Thank you for loving me."
 
The tears are flowing like a mild stream.  The man before was a master with his words and he knows how to get to her.  She believes every word that he just said to her, and she knows they will be together forever.
 
Calming herself with a few deep breaths, she was able to compose herself and tell Jon, as she slipped the ring on his finger, "John Francis, we met not very long ago and have been through a whirlwind of situations since then.  But, our love pulled us through it.  God graced us with two beautiful daughters that he called home too soon, and I believe he sent them for a reason.  We were lost and needed to find our way back to one another.  And here we are.  In front of family and friends I want to tell you that you are my first, and you will be my last.  You are the love of my life and my soul mate.  You know what I'm thinking without saying a word.  You know how I'm feeling, without saying a word.  Jon you are the yin to my yang.  I love you and your family and I want to thank all of you" she looks over at Stephanie and then her eyes sweep over to the Bongiovi family, "for loving me."
 
Jon has to hold her.  He reaches out and their lips meet and they both start to cry.  Nose to nose, Jon confesses, "I am so glad this is over."
 
"Me too." she smiles back at the man that just committed his life to her.
 
Jon and Beth face the guests and smile.  Their family and friends had to clap, they all were thrilled to see that Jon was finally happy and with a woman that was of good character and morals.  They headed back down the pathway that Beth walked to him on, stopping at the end to receive all of their guests.
 
The receiving line was long, but it gave Beth an opportunity to meet many people that she didn't know.  They guest list included a few people from Deloitte, and her best friend Amanda, whom didn't attend.  Beth was a little bummed about that.  But, Amanda's line went global and she was busy selling her line overseas.
 
The hi's, the hello's and the thank you for coming are winding down and the guest are making their way to their tables as dinner was being held.  Jon and Beth took longer than planned with their vows and dinner was delayed.  The guests made their way and dinner was underway. 
 
Beth decided that there would be one father/daughter-in-law dance and one Jon/Beth dance and the rest was for everyone else.  She didn't want all of the wedding activities, since this wasn't her actual wedding.  She was saving that for her real wedding.
 
John and Beth danced to LeeAnn Womack's I Hope You Dance.  She was honored and thankful that John would do this with her, and she told him.  "I know I'm not your daughter or even a daughter in law, but thank you.  Thank you for stepping in and making this less hurtful for me.  If you told me no, I was going to walk alone.  So thank you for being my dad today." 
 
 
He wraps his arms around her and tells her, "I'm here for you whatever you need.  You make my son and my grandchildren happy, that's all that matters to me.  Take care of my son and his family and we'll be good, you and me."
 
She kisses his cheek, "Thanks dad."
 
The song ends and Beth sees her man out on the dance floor with his mother.  The couples switch partners and the next song being played is the song for Jon and Beth to dance to.  When Jon hears himself singing Thank You For Loving Me he smiles at her and takes her into his arms.  "You really like that song, don't you?"
 
"If I could put into words how I feel about you, these lyrics are it.  It's a beautiful song and it touched me."
 
"You couldn't pick anything that didn't have my voice in it?" he picks on her as they dance.  She steps in close and rests her head on his chest.  He rubs his hands down her back and they rest on the small of her back.  Much to his surprise, he can't help himself, but he starts singing the song, along with himself.  She loves that.  He doesn't sing enough for her and when he did, she soaked it up.  The two of them stayed on the dance floor for as long as they could.  Slowly, together moving with the music the two of them got lost in the moment and don't want it to end.

3 comments:

  1. Reading their vows brought tears to my eyes. Every word was heartfelt and said with love. Beth is one lucky woman.
    The dance was sweet, especially the exchange between Beth and John Sr.
    More please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this. But don't want to spoil this but what happened when Beth and Jesse walked in when Steph told Jon that he saw their sex tape? Would of loved to have read that 1st. Not to be picky but was looking forward to that chapter. Wanted to know how Jon was going to explain that to Jesse and if he had a crush on Beth? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok question can I ask what year were on? 2005 or 2011? I'm a little confused now with all the going back and forth.

    ReplyDelete