Monday, November 11, 2013

Water Ch. 239 - It's Just The Wind Blowing Through The Secrets That We Keep


 

Mornings are a bitch, especially when you're a night person.  This morning was particularly tough on both Jon and Beth. 

Jon had rolled over and elbowed Beth in the head, she woke with a scream.  Her scream startled him awake and they both had a good laugh.  "I guess I got used to sleeping alone." he tells her, as he rubs the spot of her head that he hit. 
 
"Can you see what time it is?" she asks,  lifting her head to look over.  The clock is on his side.  Jon turns his head for a second to look at the time, and Beth seizes the opportunity to kiss the neck that he left exposed, and unprotected.  He turns back to her and kiss her back. 
 
"Good Morning" he smiles at her.  "How did you sleep?"
 
"Pretty good until you decided to abuse me." she laughs at him and kisses the tip of his nose.
 
"I said I was sorry."
 
Beth smiles at him and she knows that it was an accident, but she needed to give him a hard time about it.  "I think this requires breakfast in bed."  She says rubbing the side of her head.
 
Jon perks up and says, "What do you want?  I'll order it."
 
Beth lays her head on his chest and starts to rub his stomach, paying close attention to his belly button, because he doesn't like it to be touched.  She plays for a second and then goes back to doing what she loves to do.  She loves to feel the hair on his chest and stomach on her hand.  She loves to run her fingers through it, she loves touching him - PERIOD.   "I think toast, fruit, juice and coffee will be sufficient."
 
On his back, with Beth on his chest Jon reaches over and grabs the phone off of the receiver.  Pressing five, he waits.  When room service answers, he says, "I'd like some coffee, orange juice, white toast, strawberry jelly and fresh fruit for two, please."  He pauses for a moment.  "No, charge this to the Penthouse."  Another pause and then, "That will be fine.  Thank you."  He cradles the receiver and tells Beth, "They sais about 25 minutes."
 
"Hmmm, they must be busy.  That's quite a long time."  she rolls over on her back and looks at Jon. "It is 8am."  She loves what she sees and loves what she feels, but she can't help or hide the feeling that she's done something wrong. 
 
"What's up?  I see that brain of yours working." he asks, with little emotion.  He can see it.
 
She shrugs her shoulders and tells  him, "I feel bad."
 
"For what?"
 
"Doing this to Dalton.  He doesn't deserve this." she admits to him, holding nothing back.  He knows her well enough to know that this is out of character for her and she's struggling. 
 
"Feeling bad about it isn't going to change what's happened."
 
"I know that, but that doesn't make me feel better."
 
"Nothing will make you feel better, babe - you're you." he picks on her, trying to lighten her mood just a hair. 
 
Beth kind of chuckled at that, but couldn't stop herself from saying, "He really is a good man.   He doesn't deserve this, he really doesn't." She tries to rub the frustration from her face, "And I was doing so good....you were almost out of my system."
 
"Was I really?" he questions, shocked by what she just said.
 
She rolls over and faces him, "I was almost over you.  I wanted nothing more than to make a life with someone less complicated, less famous.  I was almost to the white picket fence."
 
He laughs at her, "How could you be to the fence if you hadn't had sex yet?"
 
"You don't need sex to get a fence Jon." she jokes back.  "I can put it up myself."
 
"Did you really see the white picket fence with Dalton?  I can't see him being your type, honestly."
 
"Why's that?  Do you know who he is?" she asks, with a little naivety about her.  She never gave it a thought if they had known one another, ever met or anything like that.
 
"We met about 5 years ago at fundraiser in D.C.  It was brief, but yeah, I know all about him." confident cocky Jon tells her.
 
"All about him?  What does that mean?"  Beth sits up in bed, resting against the headboard.  The room is warm enough, she doesn't need blankets.  She sits there with Jon naked, like they had never missed a beat.  She wi so comfortable with him.
 
He sits up, next to her resting his hand on her leg.  "He's a private man, but he's a public figure.  He's in the news from time to time and when word got back to me that he was who you were with, I had him checked out." he gives her the 'what can ya do look' and winked at her.
 
Beth shifts herself to face him a little better and wonders, "Why would you care who I was with?  Why did you think you needed to know?"
 
"It was hard for me to let you go, to not call you, find you and see you.   Once I heard you were dating, I felt a little better, I just wanted to make sure that he was good enough for you."
 
That made her stop and think, "So he measured up to your standards?" she cocks an eyebrow.
 
"Well, I took your judgment into consideration first, knowing you are a great judge of character but I wanted to know that you were going to be okay."
 
"What if he was an ass?  What would you have done?" she pokes him in the side, "What could you have done?"

There's a knock at the door, getting out of bed to answer the door, "Save by the bell.  Ha ha."  Jon says looking back at her.  He wraps a blanket around him and answers the door.  As he swings open the door, he says "Bring it right in here......." And then he sees who it is. 

When Jon sees that it's Dalton that knocked on the door - he really doesn't know what to do.
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. well now thats a nice turn of events. can't wait to see what happerns next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, can't wait to see how Beth explains Jon being in her room with her with just a blanket wrapped around his gorgeous body. Let the fireworks begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Someone is going to get punched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete