Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Water Ch. 170 - She's Your Child, Make Her Mine

 
 
 
Beth turns on her heel, shocked that Richie caught her.  "Richie, I am so sorry.  I just wanted to clean up a little bit for you."  She holds out the notebook, "Is this about me?"


Richie's heart is racing, as he looks around her to see what she had cleaned.  He wasn't sure what to be more embarrassed about, the messy house or the fact that Beth seen a song that he started, about her.  "It is."

"How can this be?" she tosses the notebook on the couch.  She was totally caught off guard by it all.

Richie shifts his position and asks her, "How can I have feelings for you?  How could one that knows you not have feelings for you?"  He walks toward her, stopping within her personal space. 

"Jon is your best friend." She has no idea why she just said that, Richie knew that.

Richie puts his hands on her shoulders, "Not everything is about Jon, Beth.  And I know he's my best friend.  Am I not supposed to have feelings for you, because he's my friend?"  Richie asks, with a hint of sarcasm.

"You shouldn't."

"You wouldn't even know about them had you not had nervous energy that you need to burn off."  he reminds her that she is the reason that she now knows.
 
"I'm sorry about that.  I wasn't snooping Richie." 

"How long have you felt this way, Richie?"  She steps back away from him.
 
He gives her a puzzled look and says, "Well, since I met you really.  The funny thing is, I seen you in the crowd in Vegas and pointed you out to Jon.  I thought it was funny that he ran into you backstage.  He makes it a point to NOT run into people backstage." Richie confesses, leaving Beth with a puzzled look on her face now.
 
She takes a seat on the couch and questions, "You seen me in the crowd and pointed me out to Jon?  Really?"
 
"We were down in quick change and I pointed you out from below deck.  He said you were pretty, but not his type." Richie laughs at that moment that he and Jon shared, not so very long ago.  "And since then look at what's gone on in his life, regarding you."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
He sits next to her and explains, "Well, lets see - since you met him, how has life gone for you?  You've been apart more than you have been together.  His wife wants you dead.  Do I need to go on?"
 
"I don't get what you're getting at, Richie.  Life since I met Jon has been.....life.  Most of what's happened was out of our control."
 
Sitting back with his hands behind his head, he asks her, "What made you stop by?  I haven't talked to you in a few days, and then this sudden visit?"
 
"I was in the neighborhood, like I told you.  I was on my way home from the doctor."  She stands up to leave, sliding between Richie and the ottoman.  Richie reaches up and grabs her arm, pulling her down to him.  As soon as she lands across his lap, his lips meet hers and they kiss.
 
Beth doesn't know what to do.  She's mentally freaking out, but Richie was such a passionate kisser.  She couldn't pull away, right away.  After a few seconds of passionate spit swapping with him, she had to pull away and stand up.  Once she's on her feet, all she can do is look at him, she is at a loss for words.  Her heart is racing and she feels ashamed.  "I gotta go."  And she turns to leave. 
 
Richie follows her to the door, all the while saying, "Call me if you want to talk about this.  When Jon starts to ignore you again, when you're unsatisfied with the craziness that you feel in your life.  Call me!"  She reaches for the doorknob and stops. 
 
With the look of anger on her face, she turns back to Richie and asks, "That song you played at the visitation, what was that all about?  Why did you play THAT song?"
 
"Jon and I wrote that song a long time ago.  I seen the two of you in the living room and I couldn't think of a better song that would have fit the moment that I witnessed, the two of you on the floor with the heaviest of hearts, in each others arms."  He pauses, and goes on to say, "I guess most of it would fit 'right now' wouldn't it?  It's hard for me to say the things I wanna say sometimes, there's no one here but you and me and that broken old street light, he sings to her.
 
Hiking her purse up on her shoulder, she shoots him a glare and says, Goodbye Richie."  


http://youtu.be/83OJlX4r7zM

3 comments:

  1. Wowza, hope that ends when she walks out the door!!! Interesting twist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richie you crossed the line big time on this one. How could you kiss her knowing that she is in love with your best friend. Not to mention she is still grieving from losing her babies! Sure hope Jon doesn't find out about this because if he does, Richie better watch his back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF Richie going after Jon Woman? Jon isn't going be happy about you going after
    His woman.

    ReplyDelete