Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Water Ch. 171 - I Just Want You To Know




"Hey gorgeous, I was wondering when you were going to call, what did the doctor say?" Jon says as he answers his cell phone.  Beth can hear the smile in his voice.


"Hi honey.  How is Salt Lake City?" Beth replies, with a smile on her face.  She missed his face, his voice, his smell and his touch.  She missed her best friend.

Jon can hear that something is wrong with her.  She rarely calls him honey.  That tells him that she is bothered by something.  "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Come on, I can hear it - what's wrong?"  Jon was in his hotel room, with a balcony that overlooked a small pond.  Grabbing his cigarettes, he stepped out onto the balcony and lit one.  "How did it go at the doctor?"

Beth laughs, "I think my doctor wishes she was me."

"Why?"

"Because I went in for a check up so I can resume my sex life.  She looked a little miffed that that was a concern for me."  Beth recalls the look on her doctors face.  The doctor did wish that she was Beth, she wishes she was the one that was heading to Salt Lake City to meet up with the man that she hasn't had sex with in weeks.

"Is everything okay?  What did she say?"

"Thankfully, we can have sex again.  So make sure you're rested when I get there, and they think that the twins lost viability for what could be called an allergic reaction."

"An allergic reaction, to what?" he asks, totally lost now.

Beth takes a deep breath and starts to tell him the story.  "They think that they died due to me being allergic to them.  My bodies response to a foreign body.  The doctor said that research shows that in most cases, it's an allergy to a certain gender.  So, I may not be able to carry girls." she pauses and lets Jon absorb what she just said. 

He's still on the balcony, at this point he's chain smoking.  It pains him to think that he may never have a daughter with her, but then he reminds himself; as long as he has her, he'll be fine.  "Is there something that we need to do?  Can we change the way things go?"

"It didn't sound like it.  It's a crazy thing."

"Where are you?" he can hear that she's in the car.  Her doctor appointment was a couple of hours ago.  The timeline isn't adding up to Jon, she should be home by now and he thought she would have called him sooner.

Turning into her driveway, she tells Jon, "I just pulled in my driveway.  I stopped and seen Richie after my appointment.  Why didn't you tell me about him and Heather?"

"It wasn't important and we had other things going on in life."

"Jon...."

"What?"

"I felt like an ass when I asked him where she was.  I never would have guessed that he caught her with Jack at their house.  I was a little embarrassed."

"She'll be back.  Their break ups last as long as our do.  How is he doing?" Jon asks about his best friend, his favorite brother.

"He looks like he's living as a bachelor.  Place was trashed." She tells him that and knows that she has to tell him more, but not over the phone.

"Is he drinking again?"

"No.  I don't believe he is." and she takes a breath, "Jon, I want to come to Salt Lake tonight, would that be okay?"

He stands up, giving up his comfortable patio chair and walks to his makeshift ash tray.  An ice bucket with water in it, and drops in his cigarette in.  "I would love that.  Is everything okay?"

Beth is in her LA house, again greeted by the scent of the man that she loved.  Greeted by the emptiness and the hollowness that she felt and now she has the memory of Richie kissing her.  She sits down at the kitchen island and tells Jon, "I miss you, I don't want to wait until tomorrow to see you."

"I'll call Dawn and have it arranged.  I'm sure we can get you a jet right out of LA to here."  Beth can hear the excitement in his voice.  "Let me call her and I'll call you right back, okay."

"Give me a few minutes, I want to jump in the shower." , she hears her call waiting beeping in her ear.  She pulls the phone away from her ear and sees that it's SAMBORA.  Her heart skips a beat and she's caught of guard, her mind goes elsewhere.

"Beth......"  Jon says multiple times, wondering if they had lost connection.  "Are you there?"

"I'm here.  Sorry.  I was daydreaming."

Jon was a little irritated by that.  He wanted to make sure that she could get up to see him and she's daydreamig?  "Okay, what's going on?"

Beth feels an overwhelming amount of guilt and she has nothing to be guilty about.  She didn't do anything wrong.  She had an emotionally packed day and just wanted to get to Jon.  "Nothing, can you get me to you, tonight, please?"

"Go shower, I'll call you back." he tells her.  He's not sure what he's feeling right now.  He's excited that she's coming early, yet he can tell that there is something on her mind.  And when she tells him that it's nothing, it's usually something big.

They hang up the phone and each of them do what they say they are going to.  Jon gets her a jet to SLC and she takes a shower and grabs her bag.  Out the door she goes, to get on a jet plane to be with Jon Bon Jovi.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The flight was uneventful and it took a lot less time to get to Salt Lake than Beth thought that it would.  They had just landed and Beth thought to herself, he never told me if there would be a car waiting for me.  I have no idea what hotel he's at.  She gets off the plane and walks into the terminal, looking around she doesn't see anybody with a sign that reads Adams.  Shit, we never worked this out.  Her cell phone is dead, she never thought to charge it on the plane.  And making matters worse, she never memorized Jon's phone number.  She never needed to.  Okay, Beth what are you going to do? 

She walks outside, not sure of what she was going to do.  She had no phone numbers and no idea where he was.  She knows that she could ask around for where Jon was staying, but she wasn't doing that.  In every city, in every town there will always be a fan that knows where he or the band is staying. 

She stands just outside the door, looking around, when suddenly she hears in a throaty voice, "Do you need a ride lady?"  She turns around and sees who it is.  She can't believe he is there to pick her up.  He stands there with a Marlboro in his mouth, and a crooked smile. 


She smiles at him and says, "I would love more than a ride.  What do you got?"  And she throws her arms around his neck and locks him in a lip lock like they haven't shared in a while.  People that may have been paying attention would have thought that the two of them hadn't seen each other for months, and in reality it had only been hours. 
 
 
 
 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Jon is going to blow a gasket when Beth tells him what happened between her and Richie.

    ReplyDelete