Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Water Ch. 23 - Learning How to Fall 2005

(2005)

A deep nap was exactly what both of them needed.  Thankfully Beth wasn't a hard sleeper and knew it was only a nap.  She woke and looked at the clock, seen it said 6:08pm and she panicked.  She reached over and shook Jon, "Hey, Jon get up.  It's 6 o'clock - you have a show in 2 hours."  he didn't move a muscle.  She shook him a little  harder, "Jon, Jon - get up.  You have a show to go do."

Rolling onto his back with his arms over his forehead, he asks, "What time is it?"  He peeks out at her, with a smile.

"It's 6:09, don't you need to get up? she laid back down next to him and pulled the covers up to her chin.

"I do have to get up, but I don't want to."  He rolls over and throws an arm and leg over her.  "Are you coming to the show tonight?'  He really hopes that she comes, he had a little surprise planned for her. 

"I was thinking about it, would you like me to?" already knowing the answer to the question before she asks. 

"I would love you too, but don't feel like you need to.  This is your weekend to do what you want."

"Of course I'll be there.  Wouldn't miss it for the world." she says with a smile on her face.

Jon gets out of bed and scurries to find his clothes.  When he collects them, he goes back to the bed and starts to get dressed.  Putting his pants on, he says, "Are you sure you want me to put this away?  Or do you want a little before I go?" he is only kidding but if she said yes, he would be back in that bed in a heartbeat.  He gets dressed and sits next to her on the bed.  She has a little piece of hair that dried funny and it curled up on her face, pushing that back he kisses her softly, with such passion she almost doesn't let him go.

Pushing him back, she says "You better get going before I don't let you go!  Then what would happen?  I would probably be considered public enemy number one by thousands of women."  He laughed at that because he has never been late to a show or missed a show for a woman, but for this one - he really thinks he could?!?

He gets up, grabs his boots and says to her, "Wear that black dress."  And away he goes.  She lays there for a while and relives the night in her head.  It started with a rocking performance by Bon Jovi and ended with a rocking performance WITH Jon Bon Jovi.  She was thinking she was pretty lucky.

While laying there, her cell phone rang.  She grabbed it and the caller ID said 'Mandy.'  She flipped it open and said, "Hello".

"Girl, what are you doing?" she was concerned for her friend.  She thought she would have called after the concert, to let her know how it was.

"I just woke up.  I'm getting up and getting in the shower.  Jon has another show tonight."  saying it all with a smile on her face.

"What do you mean you are just getting up?  Do you know what time it is?", Amanda is a little shocked by her friends late slumber. "What did you do after the concert last night?  Was it good?"

"The show was amazing.  I got to sit right in front of Jon.  Those boys kick ass!  After the show, I went and had a picnic in the desert with Jon.  It was the most romantic thing I had ever seen.  He had candles and food set up for us when we got out there.  He is amazing.  We didn't get back here until almost dawn." Beth pauses waiting for the million dollar question......

"Please tell me you didn't sleep with him, Beth did you have sex with him?"  it's really not her business, Beth thinks to herself.  But, Amanda is her best friend and she tells her everything.

"I did.  And I know I shouldn't have.  He is to hard to resist!  You should see him in the candle light and with sweat glistening on his body!"

"Beth he's married.  You know that!!  How could you?" says her very disappointed friend.  She never thought Beth would do that.

"Amanda, I didn't plan for it to happen.  YOU know I'm not that way, but I'm not kidding - this man in real life, up close - you can't say no.  All morals and ethics go right out the window.  He is beautiful and such a wonderful lover."  Beth tries to defend herself, but decides, what's the point.  She is a grown woman and he is a grown man. 

"I don't care if he's a wonderful lover, I don't care if he's beautiful - he is still married.  That used to mean something to you.  What happened to that?"  Amanda is getting upset with her friend and Beth is getting irritated, with the 3rd degree.
"Amanda, stop.  Please.  I don't need you preaching to me.  I am well aware of what I have done and who I have done it with.  His marital status was the first thing we discussed, so you have nothing to worry about, okay.  Just be happy for me, please"

"You want me to be happy for you because you fucked Jon Bon Jovi?  Well, that's not going to happen.  I disagree with you even being out there.  But I love you and I will never let a man come between us.  I'm sorry for lecturing you." she says with remorse in her voice.  She really wants her friend to be happy, she's just not sure a married rock star will make her truly happy.  And furthermore, a rock star that has a toddler at home and 3 other children.

"Honey, I gotta go.  I have to get in the shower and ready for the show tonight.  I'll be home tomorrow sometime, let's do dinner this upcoming week, okay?  I would love to see you and hubby."  Beth does miss her friend.  The time they get together is so far between, she misses seeing her everyday.  Hell, they don't even talk everyday  anymore.  Amanda is busy with her clothing line and Beth is making money, spending other people's money.  Two separate lifestyles.

"Okay, give me a call when you get back and we'll set something up.  I love you.  Bye." Amanda hangs up and so does Beth.  Beth lays there for a few minutes and just kind of basks in the glory of being in Las Vegas at the MGM with Jon Bon Jovi. 

Beth dragged her ass out of bed and ordered room service.  Not sure what the plan was for the night, she ordered a little fruit and some whole wheat toast.  When room service arrived, she tried to pay the attendant and he said, "Ma'am all charges for the room are already taken care of."  A little shocked by that, she handed the attendant a ten dollar bill and said, "Thank you." 

She pushed the cart in the living room and ate her 'breakfast' while watching an episode of MTV Cribs.  Uninterested by that, she surfed for local news and there it was.  Another story about her and Jon.  The anchorman asking, Who Is This Women That's Been Seen With Jon Bon Jovi? She about had a heart attack.  The reporter had her name wrong and for some reason they were unable to find any information out about her. But there was video footage of them getting out of the car this morning.  Beth thought, Oh my God my hair is a mess and what if his wife sees this??

Her anxiety level is quite high now after listening to the report, she jumped in the shower to get ready.  She needed to talk to Jon.  She needed to see if he's already heard the 'news'.   It takes her about an hour to get ready.  She touseled her hair, put on the right amount of make up and her black stiletto heels.  Grabbed the Prada handbag and out the door she went.  She was dressed to kill. She looked great, but she was really dying inside.  Is she on the verge of a life upheaval and the loss of her privacy?



 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear what Jon has to say. As for Amanda, she only wants what is best for her friend and a married rock star just might not be it.

    ReplyDelete