Monday, March 18, 2013

Water Ch. 31 - The Distance 2005

(2005)

They land in Las Vegas on an airstrip on the outskirts of town. There is a car waiting to take them to the MGM to gather their things. Beth doesn't like the way she is feeling right now, her world wind romance is coming to an end.......



Beth is booked on the next flight to L.A. and Jon is still working out the details on getting to New York. His pilot and plane left with the band earlier. With no plans to have it return to Las Vegas to get Jon.  Although he could make that happen. He decided he'll just fly first class back to New York and be done with it. Get home and get back to life - make the changes he needed to and with who he needed to. 

Stepping into the car, Jon says to Beth, "When am I going to see you again?" She is a little stunned by that question, because she never even gave that a thought. When would she see him again?

"Gosh, I don't know. What's your schedule look like? I don't have any idea where you're going with this tour." She says, kind of embarrassed that she doesn't know.

"I have 2 dates in New York and then 2 in New Jersey. I'll be on the east coast for the next two weeks, actually." He needed to remind himself that he has a schedule with other east coast dates. 

"Well, next week is my corporate retreat, so I'll be in the Bahama's all that week.  I have the weekend, this coming and next."  She scootches in next to him, wanting to breathe in the sexiness that he exudes from his pores.  He smells sexy.  She knows the car ride won't be long and then it's goodbye, and they are just figuring out for how long.  She didn't want to be on opposite sides of the country as this man.  But she had commitments and a career that came first, and she was going to keep it that way.

"Well, there isn't any reason that I can't visit you in L.A. or we could always meet in the middle." Grabbing her hand, he wants her to know that he will do whatever he needs to, to see her again.

"I think you have some things to take care of at home, don't you?  Should you be jetting off to see 'the other women' when you're in the midst of a divorce?  Judges might not look to highly at that Jon."  Referring to herself as the other woman felt a little dirty and there was a part of her that liked it.  She was Jon Bon Jovi's other woman. 

It's just like Beth to worry about everyone else, as opposed to herself.  Of course she wants to see him again, as soon as possible, but he has things he needs to deal with.  She stares out the window, saying goodbye to a wonderful weekend.  She doesn't want to go home. 

"Sweety, I appreciate that you're worried about my divorce, but stop.  It's going through as planned and me being seen with you is the least of my worries." he does a great job at reassuring her that she will not affect his divorce one way or another.  Yet, she doesn't feel any better.  She has been swept up into the life of a rock star and being with him is what most women wanted.  And her she is, having to say goodbye.

"Will you get to see your children and spend some quality time with them?"  Beth hopes that the divorce doesn't change whatever schedule they have, with him being on tour.  She would die if Dorothea limited is 'visitation' because of her.

"One of the good things I can say about Dot is, she will never keep me from my children.  She knows the bond that I have with all 4 of them is untouchable, and she knows how I can get when I'm mad.  She loves the kids just as much as I do, and she would never punish them because she might be mad at me.  I will see them as often as they want to see me." confidence is his biggest asset.  This man has confidence that you cannot measure, and with good reason.

"That's good.  I didn't like the thought that she might keep them from you, because of me." she gives him a half smile and he can see that something is bothering her. 

Sitting side by side, he puts his hand on her leg and says, "What else is bothering you Beth?  I can see you have something else on your mind."  He gently squeezes her thigh, and it tickles her a little bit.  He can see that it tickled and he had to tickle her more.  Now they are playing around in the backseat of a private car.  He loves the idea that she is ticklish.  She pulls away, laughing and says, "Please stop, Jon that tickles."  She laughs some more and fights with him, trying to get his hand off her leg and focused on to something else. 

Her laugh and smile are driving him crazy.  He reached up with his left hand and grabs her by the hair, gentle yet forceful.  He pulls her to him and kisses her, not letting go of her hair.  Giving her teaser kisses and teaser nibbles - he gently pulls her back to break the connection.  Then bringing her to him again, they kiss and he lets go.  That's all she needed to be turned on.  She loved that he took control, because he also let her take control.  They had a short relationship, but it was very give and take. 

Arriving at the MGM when they did could not have been more perfect.  The driver gets out of the car and opens the door, to let them out.  They both get out and Jon tells the driver, "Please wait, I don't know how long we will be."  And walks away. 

The driver calls out, "Yes, sir."  Gets back in the car and waits.

Jon and Beth walk in the front door of the MGM, playing around like they're 15.  She would grab his ass, and he would grab hers.  There were even a few verbal sexual threats given to one another.  Beth told him, "Mr. Bon Jovi, if you don't knock it off and act like a gentleman - once we get up to your room, I will strip you down and lick you from head to toe.  We both will miss the flights we need to be on........oh wait, better yet, I will tie you to the bed, lick you head to toe and leave you there."

They are holding hands as they get on the elevator, he takes that hand of hers that he's holding and puts it behind his back.  They are now face to face.  Having one of her hands behind his back, that gives him the opportunity to take his free hand and slip it under her sundress.  He gets high enough that he can feel the lace of her underwear.  And he likes lace.

She steps back, "There are camera's in here Jon."  She's worried for him, not herself.  He laughs and walks into her, pinning her between the wall and himself.  Once again, slips his hand up her dress and places one finger between her and her underwear.  He just rubs back and forth, feeling the lace and the bare, warm flesh. 

"You're lucky this ride is quick little lady.  I would take your clothes and have my way with you!" 

Ding, ding.  The elevator door opens.  Exiting the elevator, still holding hands, Beth moves closer to him and says, "You're all talk.  I've met your kind before."  She nips at his ear, knowing that drives him crazy! Fumbling and stumbling over one another as they walk down the hallway I what might look like a groping marathon, they get to Jon's room. When they went in they could tell the maid had been there and there were a few floral arrangements in the room, that weren't there last night before.

"Those are pretty, who sent you those?" Jon looks over and shrugs his shoulders.

"It's hard to tell. Could be a promoter, vendor or another girlfriend." He says as he's smiling in her direction.

"How many more are there?"

"The joke used to be that I had one in every area code, and as I got older its now one in every state. Truth be told, you're the closest thing I've had to a girlfriend in a long time." And he's serious.

He pours them both a glass of mineral water from the bar, hands her hers and somehow drops his. Water and glass go everywhere. Beth hurries to go get a towel and wipe up the water.

"Do you want me to call housekeeping, Jon?"

"No, I'll just leave the towel there, they will see it when they clean." He goes back behind the bar and gets another glass of water for himself. Looking at his watch, and gesturing for her to join him, he sits on the couch. "We have a minute, I want to tell you something." Looking at her dead serious.



"Okay, what is it Jon?" She is a little concerned, and fidgets with her dress.  Typically when someone tells you to sit down, it's never any good.

"Relax babe, I just want you to know, there is no one else - in any area code or in any other state. I have not had a sexual relationship with anyone in over a year. There are no blow jobs under the stage, groupies are not allowed backstage and when we travel by bus, which is rare, it's just the band. Women are not allowed. Women and distractions, sexy sexy distractions. I just want you to know that. I'm not sure what you have ever heard, but I'm not in my 20's anymore." He loves the fact that he can say that to a woman. He was starting to think he was going to be alone, once he started the divorce. Jon is a picky man and not just any pretty groupie could make him change his mind. "When I seen you in L.A., my heart literally skipped a beat. There was something there." He moves closer to her and pulls her over so she is resting her head on his shoulder. The smell. He smells so sexy!

"Jon, your past is important and for my own piece of mind, I would like to know. But I don't need it now." She sets her water on the table and takes his hand. She places his hand on her thigh, leans in and kisses him and his hand takes over. He is touching her entire body, paying special attention to the lace panties and the bare, smooth skin underneath them. With his left hand, he pushes her back on the couch so she's now laying down. One leg on the back of the couch and the other over his shoulder. He kisses her inner thighs and continues to play with her, with his fingers. She is enjoying his every touch, his every lick, the warmth of his breath. She grabs his hair and says, "We don't have time for this, please don't stop." He penetrates her with one finger, while licking and nibbling on the areas around his finger. Two fingers and she arches her back. "Oh God, don't stop!"

He moves his fingers in and out, faster and slower and when he can taste the change in her, he slowly penetrates her with his tongue. While running his fingers all around the outside. Hitting the clitoris as often and as gentle as he could. Beth loved everything he was doing.

Reaching up under her bra, he teases her left nipple. Pinching it, rolling it between his fingers...she was ready. He had her on the edge and he knew it. He sat up and took of his shirt, stood up and dropped his shorts and boxers. He was rock hard and ready to unfold inside of Beth. He grabbed her and turned her, so her ass was on the end of the couch. He knelt down in front of her and rammed his hard cock into her. She let out the, 'Omg that feels awesome, don't stop' moan and again, they were one. Their bodies moved together like clock work. Within a few minutes they both had pretty intense orgasms and he collapses on Beth. With her dress up far enough and her bra out of place, when he collapses on her - he lands in tongue reach of her nipple. Taking advantage of a perfect nipple on a perfect breast, he stuck out his tongue. Drives Beth bonkers!!

"Why can't we stay like this forever?  I don't want to go to New York." in his cutest little whining voice.

"Well, we can't stay like this because we aren't in our 20's anymore.  We have responsibilities we need to get to." She's running her fingers through his blond, razor cut hair and she just can't get enough of his scent. It's intoxicating.  "And you know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder."

When they finally separate and get themselves back together, Beth had to right her bra and fix her dress.  Jon needed to pull up his pants, and he did.  Just didn't fasten them, and Beth noticed that.  Sitting next to one another on the couch, Jon grabs his cigarettes out of his bag and lights one. 

"You smoke?  I had no idea." surprised by this because he is so fit and a borderline health nut.

"Yeah, it's the one bad habit I have never been able to completely break.  Does it bother you?"

"I'm not the one smoking, so it really doesn't bother me.  I don't like it - but you're a grown man, you can do what you want."  Beth is tolerant of alot of things and if this is his one bad vice, she isn't going to say anything.  He kicks back on the couch with a cigarette in one hand and Beth leg in his other.

"Are you seeing anyone back in L.A. or in New York?"  Was asked out of the blue.  Jon had wondered all weekend but didn't want to ask, for fear the answer might ruin the weekend. 

"There is a guy I have been out with a few times lately.  He's a real nice guy.  Works at my firm.  It isn't anything serious, though.  Why?"  she wonders, as it is an odd time to ask.  They just had great, body draining sex and he's thinking of other men? 

"I just happened to think about that.  I know very little of your private life, or what's left of your private life."

"What do you mean what's left?

"Well, the press will probably be looking for a story and just so you know, they will probably be watching you.  And what they see, I"ll see - I just don't want any surprises, that's all."  he tries to convince her that he's looking out for her, but in reality he wants to know what she's going to be up to.

"Let the press do what they will.  I have nothing to hide and I have no one that I am steadily dating.  There isn't time in my life, at this moment to 'date' anyone.  So, if they find anything out, they will find out that I'm a workaholic, with no known family."  That's all there is to know, she thought.

"I just want you ready for whatever they can dish out.  They make stuff up, blow stuff out of proportion and will do whatever they can to get a story.  Trust me, they will go through your garbage.  No joke."  telling her, so she can make a mental note of what to be aware of.  He doesn't want her smeared in the press, it's a bad thing to go through.

She looks at the wall clock and asks, "What time is my flight?" 

"It's at 6:30, you have a little time.  Do you want to shower before we go?"

"All of my stuff is downstairs in my room, we can shower down there?  Or I mean I can, I assumed you meant together?"  she's a little embarrassed by her assumption.

"Let me grab my things and we can go down to your room."  He gets up and walks around the suite and grabs the few things he has.  Most of his stuff went on the plan with the band, and Jon usually travels light anyway.  "That is if you want me to shower with you?"

"I would enjoy that, but you have to behave.  We have to get on our planes." she stood up and walked over to the doorway.  "Do you need help with anything?  Can I carry your bags old man?"  She laughs, because she was only playing and he knew it.

"I might be old, but I can keep up with you, young lady."  he reminds her. 

He has all of his stuff and they leave his suite and go down one floor to hers.  The maid has been there, too. Which surprised Beth, because she left the Do No Disturb sign on her doorknob.  Regardless, they go in and Beth grabs clean clothes and undergarments out of the closet and she heads in to the bathroom. Jon 's phone rang as they walked in the door, so he had to take the call.  Beth started the shower and jumped in and waited for Jon.  After, a few minutes she just quickly showered and got out.  Wrapped her hair in a towel and her body with another. 

She walked out into the suite and Jon was still on his phone.  At this point in the conversation, Jon
is getting rather animated and the gestures are quite heavy.  His tone is that of being pissed and she, for the life of her, can't figure out what it is.  She just putters around, gathering her things and packs up what she can.  When she's done she goes back into the bathroom and dries off what was still wet.  After applying deodorant, she grabs her lotion and started to apply it to her legs.  The only thing she has on at this point is the towel on her head.  She is comfortable enough with Jon to parade around naked in front of him.

She can still hear that he's on the phone and she thought,  It's time he sees the real Beth.  She walks out into the living room part of the suite, where Jon is on the phone and hands him her lotion.  Lays back on the couch naked and puts her legs on his lap.  He takes the lotion and looks at her with question on his face.  She smiles and says, "Just a light layer please.  Otherwise, it feels greasy."

Jon takes the hint and squirts lotion on her legs and takes his sweet time rubbing it in.  By this time, she has figured out he was talking to his lawyer, Peter Laird.  It didn' sound like it was a BAD conversation, it just sounded like one that wasn't going Jon's way. 

He finishes his phone call and set his phone down next to him, turns to Beth and says, "That was pretty cruel, ya know?  Laying your naked body right there in front of me while I'm on the phone and expect lotion to be put on, correctly?"  He gives her the one eyebrow raised look and is very pleased by what he sees.  "Give me a leg."  She puts one leg up and he rubs the Victoria's Secret lotion up and down the one leg.  "Okay, give me the other one."  She switches legs and he lotions her from the tip of her toes all the way up.

"While you're at it, you might as well do my arms and back."  She gives him a polite suggestion.  And he does just that.

"Now, I'm going to smell that stuff all day.  I like that." he tells her. 

"I thought you were showering?  If you shower it will was right off." Reminding him that he needed to take a shower.

"Yeah, I better go do that.  Before you distract me and I run out of time."  He gets up and heads for the shower.  Once he's in there, he yells for his naked companion, "Beth...."

She walks in there and says, "How can I help you?" Thinking to herself, I'm not getting in the shower with him.  I need to get on my plane.

"Could you scrub my back for me, please?  I need to keep the scratches clean so they don't get infected."  She peek his head around the corner of the shower wall and says, "Really?  You smart ass, that's what you wanted?  There aren't any scratches on your back."  Leaning forward, she turns the water to cold and runs out of the bathroom.

He is not far behind her, chasing her,he tackles he on the bed.  She laughing as he rolls her over and just starts kissing.  Hot, passionate, wanting kisses.  She throws her arms around his neck and kisses him back.  Why does this have to end, she's thinking.

Knowing that they don't have the time for what could happen, what they want to happen - Beth pulls away and says, "We really need to get out of here.  I have to head back to L.A. and you have to get to New York.  Obligations, god damn obligations."

"Come to New York with me."  He says it like it's an option.

"I can't do that I have to get to L.A.  It's my week in L.A. and then next week, I'm in the Bahama's.  I can fly in on the weekend?  Would that work?"

 They both are laying there naked on the bed, the towel has fallen off her hair and he loves the way that it looks, fanned out on the bed. Taking his index finger, he traces the outline of her body, touching her light enough to tickle her.  She is playing with the hair on his chest, wanting to bury her face in it forever. 

He cracks her on the ass and says, "Babe, we gotta get going."  Her heart sinks because that is the last thing she wants to do. 

"Ok, I know - I don't want to."  She sits on the bed and drags herself to the edge, he's sitting there next to her. 

Looking at her, he says, "I'll make the arrangements to get you to New York on the weekend, will that be okay?"  Knowing she is a strong woman and very independent, he didn't want to step on her toes or make her feel like a kept women.

Walking away to get dressed, she says, "That will be fine.  I can't leave L.A. until after 4pm, local time.  Please try to remember that.  She throws on some clothes, her favorite jeans and her new Bon Jovi t-shirt.  One of the half dozen she commandeered when she was backstage.  Slips in her flip flops and runs a comb through her long blond hair.  Jon gets dressed too.  A pair of camo cargo pants and a purple sleeveless shirt and his tennis shoes.  Beth looks at him and thinks Purple, I guess he can pull it off.

There's a knock at the door.  Jon goes over and answers it knowing its going to be the bellhop with the luggage rack.  "Come in,, they're over there."  Says Jon pointing to their bags.  "Is my car still down there?"  Jon asks the bellhop?

"Yes, Mr. Bon Jovi - he is right where you left him."  The bellhop grabs all the luggage that can go in the truck of the car.  Beth and Jon carry what they need with them.  It's time to leave and go home.  Beth does one last walk through of the suite and is satisfied that she hasn't forgotten anything. 


They head down to the car and spend their last few minutes together in silence.  Neither one knowing what to say, since this was goodbye.  Both are sad about it but know it's not forever.  They arrive at the airport and the driver helps Beth out of the car.  "Thank you." she says.  The driver holds the door open for Jon and Jon gets out.  They retrieve their bags out of the truck and head into the airport.  An airport manager meets them inside the gate and says, "Follow me please."  And they do as they are asked.  The manager takes them to a private part of the airport, where they wait to board their separate planes, taking them to opposite sides of what will feel like the world. 

Beth flight is called to board and her heart sinks.  Jon looks at her and says, "It's only for a few days.  We can talk on the phone.  We can have phone sex."  Beth laughs at that.

"Do people still do that?"  He walks up to her and they are now forehead to forehead.  "You better behave yourself Mr. Bon Jovi.  Call me when you get to NYC, please.?" She gives him one last bittersweet kiss and walks out of the private waiting area. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I like playful and relaxed Jon. Oh how I would love to have a weekend in New York with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be happy with having a beer, or a cup of tea. And just talk 'shop'.

    ReplyDelete