Friday, March 29, 2013

Water Ch. 51 - More Than We Bargained For 2005


The sun is bright as it shines through the uncovered window in the Beth's New York city apartment.    Waking up and looking around, she sees that Jon is gone.  Trying to recall the events of last night, she has no idea where he could be. She doesn't recall anything being mentioned last night.  Dropping her head back into her pillow, puzzled by where her rock star might be she decided she should check her phone.  Sitting up in bed, she doesn't see her purse but she notices the time.  It's 10:30.  Fuck, why did I sleep so late and where is Jon? 




She knows she needs to get up and find out where Jon is.  They need to get up to Foxboro and she has no idea what the travel plans are.  Puttering to the foyer, where she remembers that she left her purse, she yells out for Jon.  No response.  She digs through her purse and finds her phone.  There were a few texts messages that she missed and four phone calls.  Scrolling through the text messages she sees that the last one was from Jon.  Babe, went for a run.  Back soon.  She sets her phone down on the foyer table and goes back into her room and puts her robe on.  Why am I still in my tshirt and bra, she thinks to herself. 

Flipping on the light in the windowless bathroom, she looks in the mirror and thinks to herself,  'Damn you look rough'  She grabs her toothbrush and brushes her teeth and splashes cold water on her face.  When she's done with her face and teeth, she goes into the kitchen and makes herself s pot of coffee.  Sitting on the couch in the sun that's coming in through her living room window, she hears her door open and close. 

"Babe?"  Jon bellows out, without even looking for her.  He is covered in sweat and a tad out of breathe.

"I'm in the living room." 

"Hey, gorgeous - you're out of bed."  He bends over and kisses her good morning, hello and how are you.  She leans in and responds to his kiss.  Then sits down next to her on the couch

"Hey there.  Why didn't you wake me? I would have gone for a run with you."  Beth asks her rock star, she really would have gone with him. She would have loved a run in the city, with Jon. 

He gives her a little laugh and a smile and tells her, "I tried to wake you, three times.  I kissed on you, played with you and when you didn't move, I figured you needed the sleep.  I've only been gone about an hour."  he explains himself, not wanting her to be upset with him.

"I'm sorry.  I cannot believe that I slept this late. I know I was exhausted." she gets up and asks him, "What can I get you?  Do you want a cup of coffee?"

"A cup of coffee sounds great, but I'll get it." jumping up off the couch, following her into the kitchen. 

"I need more, go sit down."  She hip checks him and points out of the kitchen.

Doing as he's told, he asks her on the way out of the kitchen, "When do you want to leave for Foxboro?"  When she wants to leave really isn't a factor, it's when he needs to be there by that's important. 

"I don't care.  I'll leave all of that up to you.  When do we need to be there by?" she really has no idea what the schedule is like, she just knows that she needed to be back in L.A. the day after tomorrow.

"Well, the latest I should be there is 5:00, so that gives us most of the day - what would you like to do?"  he graciously accepts the hot cup of coffee and tells her, "Thank you." 

She sits next to him and asks, "Can we talk?"  The butterflies are quite active and she's doing this with the fear that after this talk, the rock star may decide that he doesn't want to deal wit her bullshit.

Puzzled and wondering what the hell is going on, he tells her, "Of course we can talk, what's up?" He turns to face her, giving her his undivided attention.  She is all bunched up in all ball, with her feet tucked under her.  She reaches out and grabs his hand, kisses it and says, "I am only wanting to talk to you to get everything out in the open.  I don't want to keep anything from you - even if it's just a feeling."

"Ok, you have me a little nervous here, what's going on?"  He's hold her hand a little tighter, and his heart is starting to race.

Beth has never been one to sugar coat anything for anyone and isn't going to start now.  Honesty is always the best policy and she intended on keeping it that way.

"It's about Dorothea and the kids, Jon." she looks at him, waiting for a reaction, but not expecting a response.  He just nods his head like, okay I"m listening.  "I am truly honored" she puts her feet out in front of her and on Jon's lap.  He begins to rub one leg, "that you care enough about me and think enough about me to let me into your private life already.  Your children are awesome.  YOU are awesome." Her foot begins to bounce because she is getting nervous.  She knows what she needs to
say, and she knows why.  He sips his coffee and waits for the bomb to drop.  He's thinking this can't be good because it starts out with his wife and children.  "But, the conversation that we had yesterday with and about the children doesn't sit right with me."

"What doesn't sit right?  What do you mean?  he sits upright, bracing for an even worse follow up.

"Let me start with this, maybe it will make you feel a little at ease.  I look forward to getting to know your children and them getting to know me.  I don't want that to change.  I'm just a little concerned that maybe you might have higher expectations of me, when it comes to; using air quotes; treating your children like they are my own.  I will no doubt be good to your children and treat them like family, but you need to understand something - I am not the motherly type.  I am fine with the kids having my phone number and calling me if needed Jon, but I don't want to be used as a tool in a war with their mom, a war with you or as an escape from whatever trouble they might get in.  I know Romeo and Jake won't be using my number, but I just want you to know where I stand on this."  She lets out a sigh of relief and has to actually catch her breathe.  The fact that she said all of that on one breath and the fact that she said it at all, took her breath away.  She was worried, scared and nervous about how he was going to react.

"That's what's been bugging you for the last 2 days?  Really?" he picks on her, making light of the situation. 

"What do you mean REALLY?  This has really eaten at me, Jon.  I didn't want you to think any less of me or think I didn't like your children.  I am receptive to getting to know them and build relationships with them, but I don't want to be responsible for them, not yet.  Dorothea made it sound like they would practically be with us all the time, and don't get me wrong - I really wouldn't mind, if the circumstances were different."  Again, on one breath, she tells him how she's feeling and she should feel better; but she's not.  She is really starting to feel like she has let him down.



Jon can see that she is struggling and trying very hard to explain how she feels, and he can kind of see it from her point, but he's thinking she might be a tad bit over reacting.  Running his hand up her leg, trying to reassure her and calm her down, he says, "Beth, relax.  You and the kids will do great when we're all together.  You will not have them without me, so please don't let that scare you.  Although I believe you are 100% capable of caring for them, right down to my little guy.  Dorothea can be a little dramatic at times, she has the best of intentions but she needs to feel like she runs the show.  She would die if it weren't for Lupetta." 

"We are so new in this relationship, that I want to get to know you before getting to know your family.  What if this (she points to herself and him) doesn't work out?  That's more that your children will have to deal with.  That's not fair."  She wants to believe that her and Jon will be together forever and she will love his children and they will live happily ever after.  However, she isn't crazy. 

"I say we take it one day at a time.  Will that work?"  the last thing he wants is for her to be scared off or intimidated by the role of being a 'parent', that was something that they could over come and work on together.  She felt a little better talking about it, but she really didn't think that he understood what she was saying.  How could she convey to her rock star that she was scared, and that the kids were just the tip of the iceberg of the issues she was having?

Downing the last of her coffee wanting more, she slid around and started to get up off the couch.  Jon pinches her ass and tells her to sit down, he will get them more coffee.  She didn't like that.  She was independent and was capable of getting her own coffee.  "You sit your ass down, I'll get more coffee.  Do you want something to eat?  Are you hungry?"  she demands and then asks. 

"I'm good, more coffee would be great.  I can get it myself."  Jon tells her, and he knows she's not listening?

"We should eat, although we didn't burn any calories last night."  Beth says to he rock star lover with sarcasm.  She is still groggy about waking up with her bra still on.  She never sleeps with a bra on.....

"There is no one to blame for that, but you missy.  You fell asleep before I could even get you undressed.  It was like you fell into a coma.  So, I pulled your jeans up, put you up on a pillow and covered you up.  I don't think you moved all night."  he tells her walking into the kitchen where she is.  He opens the fridge and says. "What were you going to feed me?  You have nothing here.  It's bare, with the exception of condiments and wine."  He's now laughing, because he hasn't seen a fridge that bare in a long time.  He can't believe that she has a place in New York and never visits.

She walks up to the smart ass that's holding her fridge open, for no reason and grabs him in her favorite spot.  Her favorite spot.  Gently playing with him and working her way up the opening of his shorts, she says in his ear, "I'm hungry, but it's not food that I want."  As fast as she got those words out of her mouth, he closed the fridge door and grasps her head with his right hand.  Pulling her into him, he passionately kisses her with all the right stuff.  While deep within the kiss, he reaches up with his left hand and unties her bathrobe.  With it falling open he reaches in around her and grabs her ass with his left hand and just holds her to him.  She can feel that his excitement is growing and that this is going to be a good morning.

Sliding his right hand down, feeling her tight ass with both hands he picks her up and she wraps her legs around him, tight.  Locking her feet, wanting this man like she can't believe, she tells him, "You better do me, and do me now!" with both hands full of his razor cut blond hair.  He smells like he had been running and that smell drove her crazy.  Standing in the kitchen, with his sexy 'mistress' wrapped around him, he's trying to decide, 'Do I take her right here, or take her to the bedroom?'

Making out and walking through a house that he's not familiar with, he manages to stub his toes once and he didn't drop Beth.  They got a laugh out of it.  He made it to the edge of her bed and he didn't want to let her down.  Her kisses and her nibbles were making him hornier than he's been in a long time.  It could be the bra and panties that she was wearing, maybe his attraction is deeper than what she has on.  He doesn't care at this point, he just wants to feel her, all of her and be one with her.  Gently he lays her on the bed, stands up and looks at her and says, "I think I'm falling on love with you." 
 

3 comments:

  1. Well it's about time Jon realized he was falling in love with Beth. Now we need Beth to admit the same thing. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet Jon would hate it if he knew how often she thinks of him as "her rock star." He's said more than once in interviews that he doesn't see himself as a "rock star" & for her to think it 4 times just in this chapter, it makes her sound like that's the whole reason she's with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree with that one. I think "her rock star" is more like nickname :)

    ReplyDelete