Monday, March 25, 2013

Water Ch. 47 - Miracle 2005


Walking into his multi-million dollar home, Jon could hear the little guys playing and Dorothea talking.  He wasn't sure if she was on the phone or if maybe she was talking to one of the older kids.
 

Jon took Beth's hand and lead her towards the sound of the voices, which happened to be in the kitchen.  They turned the corner into the kitchen and there were Dorothea and Stephanie, sitting at the island having lunch. 

Jon looked at his daughter and said, "Hello beautiful."  She was a daddy's girl.  She got out up and walked over and hugged and kissed her dad. 

"Hi dad."  Her bouncy attitude helped break the ice a little bit.  Stephanie turned her attention to Beth and said, "You must be Beth?"  The girl extended her arms and hugged her dad's girlfriend.  "Hi, I'm Stephanie Rose and this", pointing back at Dorothea, "is my mother Dorothea.  Her friends call her Dot."

Beth does what a woman with manners does and moves towards Dorothea and extends her hand.  Dorothea accepts the gesture and shakes Beth's hand.  "It's nice to finally meet you.  We have heard so much about you." Dorothea states.

"Likewise."  says Beth.  "I've heard much about all of you, as well."

"Do you want a cup of coffee or tea?  Maybe some juice or water?" ask Jon, to his new girlfriend. 

"No, I"m good.  Thank you though."  Just then she feels something pushing her from behind, so she slowly turns around and gets to meet Romeo.  Still new on his feet, and learning how to manage on hard wood floors, he lost his balance and fell into Beth.  His little hands landed just below her buttocks.

Beth helps steady the boy back to his feet and Dorothea says, "That's Romeo Jon."

Looking at the gorgeous toddler, Beth says, "Hi Romeo."  But Romeo wasn't interested, he was trying to get to his daddy.  When he finally managed to make it to Jon, he picked up the boy and gave him many kisses.

Trying her hardest to be polite and not let on that she's truly dying inside, Dorothea asks Beth, "Please come and sit down.  Jon where are your manners?"  Dorothea pulls out a stool at the counter and Beth takes a seat.  "Stephanie, can you please go get your brothers?' 


Stephanie gets up, freeing the stool for her dad to sit, and goes to gets Jesse and Jake.  In the meantime, in the kitchen, Dorothea confirms that Beth doesn't want anything to drink.  Beth says, "No, thank you."  Jon gets up and gets himself a bottle of water.  He's still holding Romeo and loving the time he is spending with him.  A few minutes later, Jesse appears with Jake in his arms.

"Hi dad, when did you get here?"  Jesse asks his dad, very surprised to see his dad.  Jake sees his dad and wants down.  Jesse sets the boy on the floor and he runs over to Jon.  Jon bends down and picks up Jake and has Romeo in the other hand.   Jon kisses Jake and says, "Hey buddy."  Jon is in heaven. 

"Jesse, this is dad's new friend Beth, say hello."  Dorothea says to Jesse, knowing Jake is too young to be told to say hello.  Jake notices Beth but is more interested in his dad right now. 

Walking over like the man he was taught to be, he walks up to Beth, extends his hand and says, "Hi, I'm Jesse.  How are you?" 

Beth shakes his hand and says, "I'm Beth, and I'm good.  How are you?"

"I'm well, thank you."  Jesse responds with respect. 

She has now met the most important people in his life, with the exception of his parents and brothers.

A few moments later Lupetta walks in to the kitchen with her hands full of groceries from Whole Foods and starts to put them away.  Dorothea gets up and starts to help her only because she wanted Lupetta to take the kids in the other room, so the adults could talk. 

Lupetta takes the younger Bongiovi's out of the kitchen and Jesse asks to be excused.  His dad said he may go, he just wanted to be sure that he had the chance to met Beth and asked him if he was going to the show tonight?  Jesse shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know.  I don't want to.  Do I have to?"

"No you don't have to, silly.  I would never make you go to a show, you know that." Jon reassures his son. 

Jesse leaves the room and now it's just Dot, Beth and Jon.  They all are sitting at the island in the kitchen and someone needs to start this conversation.  Beth being the way that she is, has no qualms about starting it out.

"Dorothea and Jon, you have beautiful children.  Stephanie is going to be drop dead gorgeous."  Feeling like that was a good ice breaker, she took a small sigh of relief. 

Shocked that Beth spoke first, Dorothea says, "Thank you Beth.  We have been blessed with healthy and beautiful children.'

"I can see that Romeo is a handful, he is so sweet." Beth wants to keep the conversation positive and it wasn't in vain.

"We don't have alot of time."  Jon jumps in.  "Sorry, girls - I would love to talk about the kids all day, but I have a sound check to get to at some point."   

"What should we be talking about Jon?"  Dorothea snaps.

"Well, I brought Beth her mostly so you could meet her, so you would feel okay that she is going to be around the kids.  I wanted the two of you to meet so that she can see, and hear that you and I are no longer together.  I want you to see, Dorothea, that she is real and she is a part of my life."  he exhales hard and looks at the both o them.

Dorothea takes the lead here, looks at Beth and says, "He's all yours.  We have filed for divorce, and I am okay with him moving on.  My biggest concern is my children.  Jon and I have always said that if we part ways, before the children are introduced to new people we are to talk about it.  Well, with you and Jon being in the press before we had the chance to talk, made us do this a little different." she pauses and looks at Jon, thinking it's his turn to say something. 

Beth takes the opening and says, "I understand your concern, and just so you know Dorothea...."

Dorothea interrupts and says, "Please call me Dot." 

"OK." with a smile on her face, Beth continues with, "I understand your concerns, I really do - but please know this, I care about Jon and if I were ever to come between him and his children, I would walk away.  The children need their father and I would never come between them and their dad."

Jon jumps in and says, "Beth you were never in the way of me and my children, Dorothea has never used them as leverage or you against me.  This meeting is strictly so everyone knows everyone and there are no surprises in the press - cause we know it's going to happen."

"I appreciate that you are doing this Beth, I know it must be hard for you as well.  Just on a different level.  Meeting the wife of the superstar Jon Bon Jovi, and his children.  This tells me alot about you, coming here took balls - I can't honestly say if I would have done it." Dorothea says to Beth and it makes Beth a little more relaxed.

"I don't want to cause any friction between anyone.  You and Jon or Jon and his children.  And when I met him and he told me he was divorcing, I didn't believe him right away.  I thought he was just saying that, like you hear many people say.  But when we were together and he was honest with you about who he was with, I was comfortable that he was telling the truth."  Beth is glad she's able to get this out and talk about it.

"Jon and I filed for divorce 3 months ago and have told no one, until we told our children.  We wanted it all worked out before it hit the media.  This divorce is amicable and Jon and I will remain friends, we have kids together."  Dot tries to explain to Beth how odd of a situation this is becoming, but odd is what they have grown accustom to, being in the limelight.  Jon and Dot learned together how to keep things away from the public.  Beth can't believe Jon is sitting there quiet as a church mouse.  She didn't need him to talk for her, she was doing fine on her own but Beth was feeling a little cornered.

"I really hope that this divorce can be amicable and the two of you get along for the sake of the children, I wish for nothing less.  And please know, that when and if the children are with Jon and me, they will be cared for in the same manner, as they are here."

This is where Jon jumps in, "With the exception of a nanny.  We aren't staffing another nanny.  Lupetta can go between or the lifestyle needs to change, Dot."  he looks at Dot, affirming that when they are with Jon they won't be watched by someone else. 

"Jon. I am not asking for another nanny.  I just want to know that the kids will be okay with your new girlfriend, that's why we're all here.  I wanted to meet the woman that took your heart, that will have a hand in raising our kids."

Beth is now feeling like she's suffocating.  She looks at Jon with the 'what the hell have you told her about us' look?  Raising his kids?  Wow - we just met.  I can understand that she has concerns about strangers around her children, but raising her kids?  Um, Jon - we need to talk.  She is screaming in her head.

"Dot, I will treat your children as if they were my own and trust me, I would be a great mother."  Beth toots her own horn.  "Please, whenever they are with us, know that they will be looked after and loved and you are free to drop by and call whenever.  It's important that children see their parents getting along - and for more than just when they are exchanged."  Beth looks at Jon, "Right!?!"
 
"Of course, she knows that.  She knows that no one takes care of my kids like I do.  Ask them, they'll tell you."  he laughs because he thinks he's funny and he gets up to walk away, "I'm going to get the kids so we can say goodbye, I have to get to MSG for sound check."  And he disappears. 
 
"Look, we aren't going to be best friends and we both know that. I just want you to treat my kids good, and Jon.  He deserves a little bit of happiness. I am happy that he's found someone that makes him smile again, because it's been a while since I have seen a real smile from him.  I ask that you treat him and the kids good."  Dorothea really surprises Beth.  This whole meeting has been such a shock to her.  She was certain it might get ugly, or a little out of hand.
 
"Dot, I will treat them all like gold when I see them.  I live and work in California, but I'm sure you already knew that.  I do have a place here, but I'm thinking of selling - but my time will be limited.  When I am around them, I will love and protect them, you have my word, as a woman." 
 
Dot gets up and walks around the island, so she's a little closer to Beth, and she whispers, "When he loves, he loves with everything he has.  So, get ready.  When you are 2nd place to his music, remember these days.  Cause they go by fast.  I love him, and I will always love him - but we were done years ago.  We have done alot to each other that never made the press.  I have not been the 'poor wife left at home', just so you know.  YOU, are not the reason for this divorce.  Jon and I are." she feels the need to get this off her chest and come clean to Beth.  Beth is thinking, what have I gotten myself into??

Jon reappears with all 4 Bongiovi children, Romeo in his arms.  Stephanie walks up to Beth and says, "It was nice to finally meet you. Bye." She turns to her dad, kisses him and says, "Bye dad, I love you."  And away she goes.  Jesse does the same thing, with the exception of kissing his dad.  The two older ones are gone.  Jon is standing there with Romeo in his arms and Jake made his way to his mom.  Hiding behind her legs, Beth bends down and tells Jake goodbye and in his cutest little voice he says "BYe Bef.".  Beth stands up and tells Dorothea that it was a pleasure to have met her, she thanked her for her hospitality and walked to the door.  She gave Dot and Jon a few minutes.  Jon said his goodbye to Dorothea, Jake and Romeo and they were on their way. 

2 comments:

  1. What the hell just happened? Why would Dorothea feel it is necessary to tell Beth that she wasn't a proper wife? Or the comments about Beth taking care of her kids. Strange situation

    Jon seems a little non chalant about the whole thing.

    Really curious to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is ALWAYS a calm before the storm.

    ReplyDelete